General Videogame Thread

Starfield is now frustrating me I found the mantis base and ship but can’t find the suit I follow the marker and it takes me back to ship.
You have to fight through the baddies then you can claim the new ship, if you turn round then get in the lift go down to the basement to the suit, a tip before opening it up so a quick save that way if you don’t like the roll on your new gear you can reload and retry. Don’t forget to make the new ship your base ship as well.

I've been looking at the reactions to Starfield because it's arguably the one game that caught my eye from all the next gen stuff, as an observer. Seems like a marmite kind of game so far, in that you either love it or you hate it... Hilariously, both sides seem to be prefacing their opinions with the suggestion that the other side must be bullshitting, or be a shill or a fanboy applying copium of some sort.

I'm disappointed that you don't have the option to take off and travel manually as an explorer. I doubt there will be a way to add this feature in either. That said, if people are saying it will take longer to finish than Skyrim and the likes did, with the fast travel at the core, I doubt most would travel the manual way for long. It still would have been nice to have the option.

The one criticism I've noticed that is consistent, is there is no wow moment at the start, which might be a mistake, since a lot look for that moment at the start of a highly anticipated game. It has even been said that the start of the game is kind of bland looking and uninteresting, leading to snap judgements that the whole game must be boring. From what I gather, the slow start does make sense later in the game, which makes up for it for some. 12+ hours later might be too long for some people, who play an hour or so a night and some don't play games every day either.

I still want to play it eventually(along with Cyberpunk) by then all the technical issues an bugs should be ironed out too. It's nice to see plenty are having a blast with the game already, despite it not being perfect.

Starting Baldur's gate 3, never played dnd, and have found rpg games infuriatingly complicated to pick up and understand, partner is a regular at both and is talking me through

At this moment I feel like kalvin Phillips trying to understand what's going on

Tbh I've not played it, just that pic made me chuckle a little. My friends who are into those games swear by it and went back to it after a try of starfield, not sure what that says about either as RPG's have never been my thing so can't comment.

I've been looking at the reactions to Starfield because it's arguably the one game that caught my eye from all the next gen stuff, as an observer. Seems like a marmite kind of game so far, in that you either love it or you hate it... Hilariously, both sides seem to be prefacing their opinions with the suggestion that the other side must be bullshitting, or be a shill or a fanboy applying copium of some sort.

I'm disappointed that you don't have the option to take off and travel manually as an explorer. I doubt there will be a way to add this feature in either. That said, if people are saying it will take longer to finish than Skyrim and the likes did, with the fast travel at the core, I doubt most would travel the manual way for long. It still would have been nice to have the option.

The one criticism I've noticed that is consistent, is there is no wow moment at the start, which might be a mistake, since a lot look for that moment at the start of a highly anticipated game. It has even been said that the start of the game is kind of bland looking and uninteresting, leading to snap judgements that the whole game must be boring. From what I gather, the slow start does make sense later in the game, which makes up for it for some. 12+ hours later might be too long for some people, who play an hour or so a night and some don't play games every day either.

I still want to play it eventually(along with Cyberpunk) by then all the technical issues a bugs should be ironed out too. It's nice to see plenty are having a blast with the game already, despite it not being perfect.
Does Skyrim ever finish my brother has played that game for over 10 years, doing different builds etc, he’s always on it. The flying thing on planet would be great just so you don’t have to run everywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.