General Videogame Thread

I race myself and that is genuinely impressive. Not sure people who don't play iRacing will understand how big of a deal that this is. People who play that game are both incredibly serious and incredibly quick and just being competitive is beyond most people.

The Formula Vee is considered one of the entry level open wheel series but it's also one of the purest because you don't spend $200 on some nerd's setup to give you an advantage. Don't confuse entry level for beginner though; Gianni Lutzu who came in 6th is a semi-professional driver and his speciality is the Vee. Seb Coulson is a driver trainer.

The thing about Vee aswell is that because it's one of the earlier open wheel tournaments, you get the Lutzus of the world but you also get the new racers. New racers aren't a good thing because they have no racecraft, which means you can be having a perfectly normal race but then Little Timmy decides to give you no line through a corner or smashes into you or something and takes you out, so you don't just need to be quick but you need proper awareness too.

It's a big achievement, congratulations.

Having watched some of SWP'S videos when he posted the link and myself struggling with Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn with the hand eye coordination of a stunned slug it's not hard to be in awe of the ability the top drivers have.

I race myself and that is genuinely impressive. Not sure people who don't play iRacing will understand how big of a deal that this is. People who play that game are both incredibly serious and incredibly quick and just being competitive is beyond most people.

The Formula Vee is considered one of the entry level open wheel series but it's also one of the purest because you don't spend $200 on some nerd's setup to give you an advantage. Don't confuse entry level for beginner though; Gianni Lutzu who came in 6th is a semi-professional driver and his speciality is the Vee. Seb Coulson is a driver trainer.

The thing about Vee aswell is that because it's one of the earlier open wheel tournaments, you get the Lutzus of the world but you also get the new racers. New racers aren't a good thing because they have no racecraft, which means you can be having a perfectly normal race but then Little Timmy decides to give you no line through a corner or smashes into you or something and takes you out, so you don't just need to be quick but you need proper awareness too.

Thank you so much, funny you should mention Seb and Gianni, Gianni was my coach 18 months ago for half a dozen lessons and they’re both “mates” now in that we’re both in the same Discord and race every day and have done for a year and a half and I know more about their personal lives than I know of most of mates back in the U.K. simply because we spend so much time racing together every day and chatting.

They were both in the big race earlier, I took Seb by 5 thousandths right on the line and he’s actually the current Vee World Champ from last season. The race will be on my channel in about 90 mins once the US wakes up.

Louis Foster was in there as well (British IndyNXT driver who won at Indy two weeks ago). I keep trying to explain to my Mrs how it’s mad racing against these guys and being in a discord with them and Reece Ushijima (former F3 driver) and Jack Doohan and trying to explain it’s like playing 5 a side with Premier league players. I think 9 of the current top 10 are in that Discord. Managed to beat Alonso a couple of times but that was before I had a YT channel and recorded every race. Thor Tulloh is another Brit who driver coaches in real life and flies around with F1 as a translator.

Whats your series of choice on iRacing out of interest?

I’ve posted before about getting into the top ten in the world in the series I race on iRacing but today I won a huge race in the last week of the season and it’s seen my crowned world champion out of over 38,000 people so I’m over the moon (and never running for the championship again as it was too stressful and moved well away from being fun)

View attachment 120748
That’s great, well done mate !

I’ve posted before about getting into the top ten in the world in the series I race on iRacing but today I won a huge race in the last week of the season and it’s seen my crowned world champion out of over 38,000 people so I’m over the moon (and never running for the championship again as it was too stressful and moved well away from being fun)

View attachment 120748

Watched the last few minutes of your latest video. Tense stuff! Well done.

Wow I missed that @SWP's back and as you know I've been following on YT and live when possible. Great job. You've been invaluable at getting started in iRacing for me. My congrats to you.

Apropos of, I tried dirt oval for the first time this week. Got my first win there, and as I was watching the replay, found this fella, bare in mind I got pole so missed him ramming people on the pace laps and generally being a menace..the livery all makes sense, I guess none of this was his fault..

That's me in the gold car at the end lapping him for the win.

Yeah the top Vee and 1600 guys are up there for sure. Unreal effort. I'm honestly made up if I can get within 1.5 secs
of these lads per lap.

Wow I missed that @SWP's back and as you know I've been following on YT and live when possible. Great job. You've been invaluable at getting started in iRacing for me. My congrats to you.

Apropos of, I tried dirt oval for the first time this week. Got my first win there, and as I was watching the replay, found this fella, bare in mind I got pole so missed him ramming people on the pace laps and generally being a menace..the livery all makes sense, I guess none of this was his fault..

That's me in the gold car at the end lapping him for the win.

That car engine noise is wrong and very annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.