General Videogame Thread

I’m after a bit of help !! I got my lad an Alienware R16 last Christmas and had nothing but issues with it from day 1 ! Fair play to Dell they did try and sort it out but eventually they have agreed to give me the full refund due to the issues . So we’re back on the hunt again for a new gaming pc . I have found this :

But I’ll be honest …. I ain’t got a clue what it all means ! That’s the top end of his budget but can anyone help regarding if it’s good enough for what he needs ? He plays Rust at full beans ( almost like like like ! ) and feckin Roblox but also FPS COD etc . I do t want to make the same mistake as last time that’s all

If it was down to me I’d get him a Commadore Amiga but that’s just showing my age !

I’m after a bit of help !! I got my lad an Alienware R16 last Christmas and had nothing but issues with it from day 1 ! Fair play to Dell they did try and sort it out but eventually they have agreed to give me the full refund due to the issues . So we’re back on the hunt again for a new gaming pc . I have found this :

But I’ll be honest …. I ain’t got a clue what it all means ! That’s the top end of his budget but can anyone help regarding if it’s good enough for what he needs ? He plays Rust at full beans ( almost like like like ! ) and feckin Roblox but also FPS COD etc . I do t want to make the same mistake as last time that’s all

If it was down to me I’d get him a Commadore Amiga but that’s just showing my age !

Massive overkill in most every dept mate.

Rust requirements are..

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

The minimum requirements for playing Rust on a PC are:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 or AMD FX-9590 or better

• Memory: 10 GB RAM

• Graphics: GTX 1050 or AMD 500 Series or better
As for COD

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Windows 10 64-bit (v.1709 or higher), Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300 processor, 8 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950 video card, 2 GB, 4 GB, or 8 GB of video memory, 175 GB of hard drive space, DirectX 12.0 compatible system, broadband internet connection, and a DirectX compatible sound card

These are minimum requirements of course but the beast of a PC you have posted is way over the spec your lad needs.

Do you know anyone who could build you a PC or could you attempt it yourself? For around £500 you'd get a very nice gaming PC that would be more than capable of running the games your son plays.

Avoid proprietary manufacturers like Dell and HP at all costs because when they go wrong they are a bastard to put right.

As

as others have said , you can build your own for a fraction of the price

I just had a quick look on scan and even the build above would be £1200-£1300, which would save you £500

PC centric on you tube has some great walkthrough videos to talk you through the process of building your own - you get a great sense of satisfaction when you switch it all on from the first time

Remember you only need a high end graphic card if you want to game in higher resolution than 1080p

Look to spend around £600-£750 for a set up that would easily manage the specs you need and give you a couple of years before you need to upgrade the GPU or CPU

This will give you a rough idea, for starters what kind of monitor and resolution is your lad playing on? Don't listen to step toe above otherwise you will end up with a PC only good for roblox.

As

as others have said , you can build your own for a fraction of the price

I just had a quick look on scan and even the build above would be £1200-£1300, which would save you £500

PC centric on you tube has some great walkthrough videos to talk you through the process of building your own - you get a great sense of satisfaction when you switch it all on from the first time

Remember you only need a high end graphic card if you want to game in higher resolution than 1080p

Look to spend around £600-£750 for a set up that would easily manage the specs you need and give you a couple of years before you need to upgrade the GPU or CPU

I game in 1440p with a 3060ti comfortably, don't need a high end card for 1440p anymore and the AMD cards are brilliant value right now.

He's playing roblox, rust and COD you imbecile, paying a grand for a PC is just stupidity.

Ohhh I forgot, it's you.

You have any idea how demanding COD actually is on PC even on 1080p. You're clueless when it comes to this every time you give proper shit outdated advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.