General Videogame Thread

There’s barely been any games that have caught my eye since the PS5 came out. The next game I’ll buy is probably GTA next year.

£700 is a piss take, I was going to get the pro just for GTA. I’ll see what the prices are like when it’s released next year.
Yeah same. Not bought a big game for a few years now and GTA may be the saviour for my ps5 or my gaming days could finally be numbered.

Sony hit the ground running with the PS1
Achieved legendary status with the PS2
Set back a bit with the competant but overpriced PS3
Had a brief gimmick with the PSP
Got back on top with the superb PS4
But the PS5 has been beset with nothing but issues and PR disasters; the pricing, the lack of games, the scalpers, the supply issues, the hacking/security problems and now an obscene amount for a console where you have to buy the disc add-on!!

Been with PlayStation since 1998 (not a fanboy, just convenience, familiarity and an affinity to their IP's and exclusives kept me with them for so long). PSN has already had their security compromised (been hacked, it isn't fun) so announcements like this aren't going to help repair their image problem.

Last edited:
But the PS5 has been beset with nothing but issues and PR disasters; the pricing, the lack of games, the scalpers, the supply issues, the hacking/security problems and now an obscene amount for a console where you have to by the disc add-on!!

Been with PlayStation since 1998 (not a fanboy, just convenience, familiarity and an affinity to their IP's and exclusives kept me with them for so long). PSN has already had their security compromised (been hacked, it isn't fun) so announcements like this aren't going to help repair their image problem.
Ye, I upgraded from ps4 to ps5 thinking they'd be loads of games that wouldn't be available otherwise. Been a very poor selection of exclusives maybe one or two but not really worth the extra cost.

But the PS5 has been beset with nothing but issues and PR disasters; the pricing, the lack of games, the scalpers, the supply issues, the hacking/security problems and now an obscene amount for a console where you have to by the disc add-on!!

Greed..
All it comes down to mate.
Microsoft got cocky after the success of the 360.
It was brilliant.

Made bad decision after bad decision since.
( Although I do like gamepass)

Sony have gone the arrogant... "Well we are Sony and playstation so they'll buy it " route for a while now.

Get a pc.
Emulate every console from the past 40 years upto the PS3 and 360.
Get steam.
Get epic.
Get gamepass.
Store the fucking lot of games , and never worry about it being taken away from you.

Greed..
All it comes down to mate.
Microsoft got cocky after the success of the 360.
It was brilliant.

Made bad decision after bad decision since.
( Although I do like gamepass)

Sony have gone the arrogant... "Well we are Sony and playstation so they'll buy it " route for a while now.

Get a pc.
Emulate every console from the past 40 years upto the PS3 and 360.
Get steam.
Get epic.
Get gamepass.
Store the fucking lot of games , and never worry about it being taken away from you.
I've been thinking about it.

Since having my PSN account hacked and how Sony dealt with it, i've lost a lot of respect for these console producers. I suppose it's the stepping into the unknown (and the extra cost) that puts me off.
My gaming premise used to be simple; buy a console, a game, put game in, turn it on, play, save progress. All this interactive, multiplayer, streaming capable BS just isn't for me.

PS5 is only compatible with it's own and PS4 discs. So backwards compatibility was already not a thing.
Correct. But it’s always bugged me how you can’t play old PlayStation games on the newest system. It’s like buying a new stereo but you can’t play your old cds on it because they’re old!

Reactions: MMA
I've been thinking about it.

Since having my PSN account hacked and how Sony dealt with it, i've lost a lot of respect for these console producers. I suppose it's the stepping into the unknown (and the extra cost) that puts me off.
My gaming premise used to be simple; buy a console, a game, put game in, turn it on, play, save progress. All this interactive, multiplayer, streaming capable BS just isn't for me.
Stick with pc and it turns out cheaper in the long run mate where games are concerned..

Well.. for what you get and what you can do anyway.

4 or 5 triple A games on ps or Xbox 250 to 300 notes..

Whilst your waiting for something decent to come out you can play any game from PS1 PS2 PS3 Xbox360 all the way to the zx spectrum and beyond..

I know what you mean about plug n play but once you get into pc and tweaking and learning things it's a lot of fun..
Addictive.

I've been building and selling gaming PC's for years.

Stripped my first computer apart when I was about 10 years old and put it back together again, been addicted ever since.

Stick with pc and it turns out cheaper in the long run mate where games are concerned..

Well.. for what you get and what you can do anyway.

4 or 5 triple A games on ps or Xbox 250 to 300 notes..

Whilst your waiting for something decent to come out you can play any game from PS1 PS2 PS3 Xbox360 all the way to the zx spectrum and beyond..

I know what you mean about plug n play but once you get into pc and tweaking and learning things it's a lot of fun..
Addictive.

I've been building and selling gaming PC's for years.

Stripped my first computer apart when I was about 10 years old and put it back together again, been addicted ever since.
Wish I had your confidence, mate.

I shit myself everytime I unplug the mouse usb from my laptop (I hate touchpads...sue me)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.