General Videogame Thread

Lara Croft is apparently the most iconic gaming character ever. I would have thought it was Mario just off the top of MY head. Lara is iconic but surely not the most recognisable to everyone? Anyhow its official.
Makes sense to me.

BAFTA award, British creation, naturally there'll be a touch of bias. That said I do agree with it; when Tomb Raider and Lara Croft hit the scene 3D games were still in their infancy and just like full-motion video format, people thought it would be a bit of a fad.

Along comes Tomb Raider and this kickass heroine, in a cinematic, fluid, intriguing, dripping with atmosphere gaming experience that pretty much set the tone for how 3D open world games could be.
Lara was on magazine covers, used to sell products, advertising campaigns. Mario has never come close to that sort of exposure outside of the games.

She also gets the nod for her association with Manchester City for a time.
CD1FxG_W8AENKzv

Last edited:
Makes sense to me.

BAFTA award, British creation, naturally there'll be a touch of bias. That said I do agree with it; when Tomb Raider and Lara Croft hit the scene 3D games were still in their infancy and just like stop-motion video format, people thought it would be a bit of a fad.

Along comes Tomb Raider and this kickass heroine, in a cinematic, fluid, intriguing, dripping with atmosphere gaming experience that pretty much set the tone for how 3D open world games could be.
Lara was on magazine covers, used to sell products, advertising campaigns. Mario has never come close to that sort of exposure outside of the games.

She also gets the nod for her association with Manchester City for a time.
CD1FxG_W8AENKzv

Good post. Lara has much broader cultural appeal.

Three films with two big actresses as the title character.

Original Mario movie was a stinker.

Tomb raider remains so iconic because the games have had a higher consistency than Sonic and Mario.

Mario and Sonic have been used to a far greater extent and saturated their brand.

Dragons Dogma 2 is absolutely brilliant.

It's like ke Skyrim on steroids. Playing on a Series X and had no issues whatsoever.

The frame rate does definitely dip below 30fps but only in cities. While in combat the frame rate is solid

The combat is superb. I've already maxed out the mage and archer skills and now playing as a magick archer which are mental!

Only having one save file and extremely limited fast travel doesn't bother me in fact it actually makes the gameplay better as you actually have to prepare to go on missions with the right weapons and potions as you really don't if if you can make to the quest markers and the mini bosses and bosses are just huge and you really have to use tactics to defeat them. Spent over 20 minutes last night fighting a griffin and JUST managed to defeat it and manage to get to a camp site to rest.

The pawn system is excellent as well.

Like I said before it's like a hardcore version of Skyrim.

I'm absolutely loving it
Does it have a story mode and/or accessibility settings to lower the difficult and increase the control assistance substantially?

I just got the PS access controller after working on my finger dexterity and control, and I would love to be able to play this, as I have heard great things about it similar to what you have said (and have wanted a Skyrim-like for awhile).

Glad to hear that Dragons Dogma 2 is doing so well. I really enjoyed the original and couldn't understand why it was never bigger, my only guess being that it was buried by Skyrim. Dare I say that Gransys is actually far more "alive" as a game world, with a ton of replayability. Choices really mattered, you can do it all in one playthrough if you wanted (Skyrim) - it was the modding community that breathed so many more lives into Skyrim. As a console player, I haven't even seen the half of what's possible.

For anyone unsure. I only recently played Dragons Dogma 1 and had to go out of my way to prove a dodgy NPC innocent of a crime I knew he was guilty of because I still wanted his quests. I'd even done dodgy work for him, but went around collecting good character statements for him even though I'd evicted a family on his behalf.

Does it have a story mode and/or accessibility settings to lower the difficult and increase the control assistance substantially?

I just got the PS access controller after working on my finger dexterity and control, and I would love to be able to play this, as I have heard great things about it similar to what you have said (and have wanted a Skyrim-like for awhile).
I'm on Xbox and the accessibility settings are pretty basic so I'm assuming they will be the same on The PS5.

There is no difficulty slider on the game as say like Skyrim where the enemies scale with you the level of the enemies differ from area to area. However you will get one shotted on an area you are underleved for

The game is truly open world so there's nothing stopping just going wherever you want from the start but I would say for the first 5 to 10 hours the game has a clear path it wants you to take and it's recommended to do that as it'll teach you the game but after you should be ok to go out in the world.

The main story itself is a bit meh and it's about 30 hours but where the game truly shines is it's exploration.

There are tons areas and secrets to explore and because fast travel is extremely limited and so is weight capacity you really have to prepare and think about want to take with you. It's high risk but very high reward.

I'm about 50 hours in and not really touched the main quest, the hook is definitely going out exploring, fighting massive bosses and getting better gear.

Like I said before it's like a hardcore version of Skyrim

PGA is now on EA play, that's me now sold on that subscription. Inevitable that Jedi survivor and a few more sports games will be added soon.

I'm also very tempted to get the PS portal. We only have one TV so this is a game changer when she's watching her shows.

PGA is now on EA play, that's me now sold on that subscription. Inevitable that Jedi survivor and a few more sports games will be added soon.

I'm also very tempted to get the PS portal. We only have one TV so this is a game changer when she's watching her shows.
Love pga best golf game I’ve played in years

I've got the portal and that's exactly what I use it for. I know some people were disappointed it wasn't a full portable device but it does what it says on the tin for me and think 200quid isn't bad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.