Genuine, Genuine Question...

racingeye said:
Im hijacking again but i think it might help

since posting my particular problems in a way to help and reading the full thread it has triggered something in me...ive been awake all night soul searching and ive reached a decision
i have a 3 bedroomed house that i have been fighting to keep for 17 years and for what??? im single, no kids, no car as i cant afford insurance, never been abroad on holiday blah blah
so sell up and start again
it does feel like a scary prospect as its the only house ive ever lived in but if i sell i will be debt free, £350 a month better off and 15k in the bank
could 17 years of pain and near suicide be so easy to change? i dont know but surely worth a try? I have no friends really anymore as they are all married etc and i cant make anymore as i cant afford a social life, but with money in my pocket maybe all that will change. Money isn't the route of happiness i know but in my case it would be a welcome bonus.
im 35 this May and reading the 7 year change certainly helped the decision and with some quick finger counting (which is easy for me as im from lincolnshire so the extra fingers speed it up) 7 goes into 35...so maybe this is my year?

I think what im getting at is that from Seosa having the courage to start this thread and other sincere posters posting their problems it has kind of acted as "group therapy" and helped me.
Seosa I know i said it in an earlier post but i really would recommend talking to people as who knows what will come out of it

Mate, think of yourself in 20 years time and still in the same place, thinking , i could have and should have.
There are no sure bets in life, but if you do not have a go, you will never know.
You may end up worse than you are now (i doubt it) but at least you will have had a shot at it, and be proud of the fact that you did.My old man always regretted not going to NZ when he had the chance, lived and died in North Manchester.Good luck, blue.

pominoz said:
racingeye said:

since posting my particular problems in a way to help and reading the full thread it has triggered something in me...ive been awake all night soul searching and ive reached a decision
i have a 3 bedroomed house that i have been fighting to keep for 17 years and for what??? im single, no kids, no car as i cant afford insurance, never been abroad on holiday blah blah
it does feel like a scary prospect as its the only house ive ever lived in but if i sell i will be debt free, £350 a month better off and 15k in the bank
could 17 years of pain and near suicide be so easy to change? i dont know but surely worth a try? I have no friends really anymore as they are all married etc and i cant make anymore as i cant afford a social life, but with money in my pocket maybe all that will change. Money isn't the route of happiness i know but in my case it would be a welcome bonus.
im 35 this May and reading the 7 year change certainly helped the decision and with some quick finger counting (which is easy for me as im from lincolnshire so the extra fingers speed it up) 7 goes into 35...so maybe this is my year?

I think what im getting at is that from Seosa having the courage to start this thread and other sincere posters posting their problems it has kind of acted as "group therapy" and helped me.
Seosa I know i said it in an earlier post but i really would recommend talking to people as who knows what will come out of it

Mate, think of yourself in 20 years time and still in the same place, thinking , i could have and should have.
There are no sure bets in life, but if you do not have a go, you will never know.
You may end up worse than you are now (i doubt it) but at least you will have had a shot at it, and be proud of the fact that you did.My old man always regretted not going to NZ when he had the chance, lived and died in North Manchester.Good luck, blue.

cheers m8, the thing that kept me up all night was the "what if i make it worse" but i think thats the fact im thinking about something out of my comfort zone. more money a month and a nice amount in the bank should surely open all all realms of possibilities, being able to go out and meet people for a start.
being on the property ladder isnt all its cracked up to be in my opinion!

SkyBlueFlux said:
I can't begin to imagine where you're at right now, but I have an anecdote which may be helpful.

For me there is one thing in life that can give you meaning, and that is other people.

Everybody has their low points in life, and though I'm only 22 I am no exception, and I remember mine very well. It was back when I was 14 and I'd had a serious amount of surgery to fix problems that I won't go into in any great detail. Essentially, whilst the surgery was ongoing I wasn't allowed to eat or drink a thing, everything was intravenous. I had the initial surgery and things seemed to go well, but after a week I wasn't progressing, they took scans of me and decided I needed to go for more surgery. All through this I was being prodded and poked with needles, being scanned and having cameras/drains put in me on a daily basis. It was mentally exhausting.

I came out after the second surgery, and immediately knew something wasn't right. My decline progressed, my weight plummeted and I was a wretched thing to look at. They decided to take another scan, the results of which would determine if I'd go in for more surgery.

I still remember the look of anguish on my surgeons face as he approached my mum and I. I remember breaking down into uncontrollable tears, it just all became too much. I remember him saying to me "this is our last chance really, your body can't take any more surgery". It'd be potentially nearly 48 hours of surgery in a 10-day period.

That was my lowest point, and nothing will ever compare to it. The despair, just can't be described. I cried for two hours whilst they prepared to put me under the knife again. But this is the important part Seosa, I didn't just cry, I made myself a promise that would define the rest of my life to date and give me a purpose. I said to myself "If I ever get out of here, I'm going to live my life to repay the people who have helped me in my darkest hour." That meant my mum, my family, the surgeons. Everybody.

The final surgery went well, and I came out of the hospital after 6 weeks, 28 days of which I hadn't eaten or drunk a morsel, weighing 5 stone. It took me nearly two years to recover fully from that. During that time I set about achieving the goal I set myself, I worked hard to pass my GCSEs. I intended to get onto an A Level course, then university and then study science. I had decided that the only way to help repay everybody was to help humanity as a whole, and go into developing something that will make people's lives easier.

Now I'm here on the last year of my degree in mathematical physics at Edinburgh University. That goal I set myself 9 years ago has never been truer than it is today. I still intend to work in scientific development one day, but before that I want to make enough money to get my mum a holiday home and help out the rest of my family. I'm not saying every day of my life since has been easy, but I've never let my sights up from that goal and I will achieve it if it's the last thing I do. It is what makes life worth it... for me at least. I owe them everything.

So here is my advice to you. Make your lowest point the one that defines you. The one that gives your life a meaning and a goal. Don't let it be the end, but a new beginning. Let it be your motivator and let it be your inspiration. If you do this, like I have, then you will never again question if your life is worth it, because it is worth it as long as you have that promise you make to yourself.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps.

Superb. Well done, mate.

"Comfort zones", for me are like a straight jacket. Do what YOU want to do.
You are single, no kids,have a bit of cash (do not know if you have skills that are needed overseas) but what really do you have to lose. Have a go, fuck it.

pominoz said:
You are single, no kids,have a bit of cash (do not know if you have skills that are needed overseas) but what really do you have to lose. Have a go, fuck it.

trust me thats the plan now
i used to be a pro photographer but sold equipment to keep house running
first thing on list...new gear

racingeye said:
pominoz said:

trust me thats the plan now
i used to be a pro photographer but sold equipment to keep house running
first thing on list...new gear

Good for you, go for it.
I, since a kid, always wanted to be dog trainer, may seem silly to other poster's but if "life " had not got in the way, it would be my dream job, no money in it, but would jump out of bed every day to do it.
Even at nearly 50, i am still working on it. Bit by bit, i will get there.

racingeye said:
pominoz said:
racingeye said:

cheers m8, the thing that kept me up all night was the "what if i make it worse" but i think thats the fact im thinking about something out of my comfort zone. more money a month and a nice amount in the bank should surely open all all realms of possibilities, being able to go out and meet people for a start.
being on the property ladder isnt all its cracked up to be in my opinion!

Agree with this ! I'm on the property ladder considering coming off - with a wife and three kids. Negative equity and constant worry about the interest rates etc. just aint worth it.

Good on ya, RacingEye. If me starting this thread helps trigger occurences like you changing your life and the lives of others for the better, then I can take a bit of pride in that.

Seosa, with regard to the revolving door thing at Uni, think on this...the most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself. If you can use every situation that happens in your life to learn something about how you are in the world ,then every step you take is a worthwhile one, and one that helps you to develop and grow. Once you find a degree of peace within yourself making other friends will come effortlessly. Maybe see 'life' as a kind of training ground for the development of YOU. Keep what works, throw what what doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.