Genuine, Genuine Question...

rushts said:
Seosa, you could wake up a red every morning like 700 trillion other twats.

Life is good, you are a blue :-)

Simple yet so effective

great post

Sorry I have no personal insights to add but I've followed this thread closely and it makes me proud to be a City fan/Blue Mooner.

Great to hear things are starting to look up today, Seosa. Little steps may turn into big ones if they start to move you in the right direction.

Don't be too proud to PM one or two of those who offered a chat/dog walk/brew or whatever.

And good luck!

I had a difficult time a couple of years ago. A friend gave me great advice. He said "you should spend more time on the internet". I haven't looked back since.

sir baconface said:
Sorry I have no personal insights to add but I've followed this thread closely and it makes me proud to be a City fan/Blue Mooner.

Great to hear things are starting to look up today, Seosa. Little steps may turn into big ones if they start to move you in the right direction.

Don't be too proud to PM one or two of those who offered a chat/dog walk/brew or whatever.

And good luck!
I like to think, there's a good few on here that will help, we've all been though some shit, could do with an unsuspecting dog walker to would be good

Is life worth it??

A question I asked myself many many times after my father in law died in 2011 - he was the best man I've ever met.

Life - we strive, we worry, we scrimp, we save, we get disappointment, we get some good times........but then, ultimately we die.

Is it worth it??

The answer is, we are born, so we really have to try and make the most of it.

I believe 90% of life is shit........its just the 10% of good that keeps us going - kids, City, nights out, music etc. etc.

I guess life is just dealing with the shit that is thrown at us and enjoying the good (sometimes great (Aguerrrooooooo)) moments that we come across.

I should have gone to bed hours ago, but I wanted to read to the end.

Some fantastic posts here, I have emailed the entire thread to one particular person I know who I think would benefit from reading them.

I can totally sympathise with you too Seosa. Life for me wasn't easy up until 20 for reasons not neccesary to go into here. At 20 I found out I had my first daughter on the way, I was terrified. I had no real qualifications after decent GCSE, no steady job, no home, well into drugs. People said it would be the making of me.

I thought that was a turning point, and worked really hard to make sure things were set up for when the baby came. I managed to arrange a flat for us before the baby was born, worked in a McDonald's equivalent for 2 years to keep it going and had just secured a much better job with good prospects when the mother walked. I was gutted.

The mother was living with her parents, and I had an empty flat. I chucked the job, blagged my way onto a Uni course and moved into student accomodation. The big plus of this was I lived within walking distance of the mother's parents, and could see my by now 2 yr old often.

I didn't take the study seriously and I drank heavily during that time. I was contracted to the job I'd chucked previously, and had to travel a good distance to a different site to work part time or I would end up owing them money I didn't have.

By the time I'd done my time and quit the company for good, I was too far behind to catch up and had to move out of the student accomodation. I found a temp job with no end date, and moved into my own place again. I placed myself between my family and the baby, location wise, but miles away from both. I didn't realise how isolated I would be at the time. At the time I thought it was another corner turned and I was really happy with myself.

The job didn't last though, and I ended up back at my mum's 8 months later, unemployed, miles away from my daughter, and again drinking heavily. I'd spend 2/3 days with my daughter at the mother's parents, and end up drinking cans on the bus on the way back to my mum's. This was the biggest low and it lasted for almost 3 years.

It came to a head with a huge argument with my mum. I spent the night in a cell. I knew things couldn't continue as they had been. I spoke frankly to my daughter's mother, and we sorted a few things out that we should had done years ago.

Now, I've been in continuous employment with prospects for 3 years (very modest wage though), had our own place again for 2 and a half. Got a car, and a second daughter. My eldest is in a good school and we live near family. There is a lot of love in our home.

The point of me typing all this is because like a few others noticed too, it takes people hitting rock bottom to actually do something about it. I don't think I will ever be as low as I was 3 years ago. I felt utterly useless. I wasn't being a good daddy, I was a shit son, I was in a word a disgrace. No-one's rock bottom will be the same as someone else's. Mine holds no comparison to SBF's for example, I was a lot more self indulgent than him, SBF's was out of his control.

Life is pretty good now, long may it continue. I made it like that.

There is a bigger picture outside our planet which I like to think about and have no control over, there is the future of our Earth to ponder, but my reality is making sure I can provide what my family need. That is what makes my life worthwhile, and I think also why I was so depressed when I wasn't doing it.

Yaya_Tony said:
I should have gone to bed hours ago, but I wanted to read to the end.

Some fantastic posts here, I have emailed the entire thread to one particular person I know who I think would benefit from reading them.

I can totally sympathise with you too Seosa. Life for me wasn't easy up until 20 for reasons not neccesary to go into here. At 20 I found out I had my first daughter on the way, I was terrified. I had no real qualifications after decent GCSE, no steady job, no home, well into drugs. People said it would be the making of me.

I thought that was a turning point, and worked really hard to make sure things were set up for when the baby came. I managed to arrange a flat for us before the baby was born, worked in a McDonald's equivalent for 2 years to keep it going and had just secured a much better job with good prospects when the mother walked. I was gutted.

The mother was living with her parents, and I had an empty flat. I chucked the job, blagged my way onto a Uni course and moved into student accomodation. The big plus of this was I lived within walking distance of the mother's parents, and could see my by now 2 yr old often.

I didn't take the study seriously and I drank heavily during that time. I was contracted to the job I'd chucked previously, and had to travel a good distance to a different site to work part time or I would end up owing them money I didn't have.

By the time I'd done my time and quit the company for good, I was too far behind to catch up and had to move out of the student accomodation. I found a temp job with no end date, and moved into my own place again. I placed myself between my family and the baby, location wise, but miles away from both. I didn't realise how isolated I would be at the time. At the time I thought it was another corner turned and I was really happy with myself.

The job didn't last though, and I ended up back at my mum's 8 months later, unemployed, miles away from my daughter, and again drinking heavily. I'd spend 2/3 days with my daughter at the mother's parents, and end up drinking cans on the bus on the way back to my mum's. This was the biggest low and it lasted for almost 3 years.

It came to a head with a huge argument with my mum. I spent the night in a cell. I knew things couldn't continue as they had been. I spoke frankly to my daughter's mother, and we sorted a few things out that we should had done years ago.

Now, I've been in continuous employment with prospects for 3 years (very modest wage though), had our own place again for 2 and a half. Got a car, and a second daughter. My eldest is in a good school and we live near family. There is a lot of love in our home.

The point of me typing all this is because like a few others noticed too, it takes people hitting rock bottom to actually do something about it. I don't think I will ever be as low as I was 3 years ago. I felt utterly useless. I wasn't being a good daddy, I was a shit son, I was in a word a disgrace. No-one's rock bottom will be the same as someone else's. Mine holds no comparison to SBF's for example, I was a lot more self indulgent than him, SBF's was out of his control.

Life is pretty good now, long may it continue. I made it like that.

There is a bigger picture outside our planet which I like to think about and have no control over, there is the future of our Earth to ponder, but my reality is making sure I can provide what my family need. That is what makes my life worthwhile, and I think also why I was so depressed when I wasn't doing it.

Another really good example of some of the heart felt and honest stories that city fans are sharing.

Genuinely inspirational and heart warming.

Deserves a bump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.