George Galloway | Wins Rochdale Bi-Election (p4)

Thanks for the response must have taken some time and points well made. My counterpoints would be,

Paragraph 2: Taking land from others has been going on since the start of time surely? Land is usually what most wars are fought over. How far back in time do we go to find the true owners of any piece of land? There must come a point in time where a compromise is made and you accept the right of the new occupants/immigrants to live there.
On mourning and anger at deaths, all deaths. I'm not going to lie I do not know anyone directly involved in the conflict and I do not lose any sleep over any of the deaths, Israeli or Palestinian. There are nearly 170,000 deaths in the world everyday and I hope every single one of them has lived to a ripe old age and had a great time but unless know them personally then I do not mourn. (Before you call me a monster I don't know anyone who goes to funerals of people they do not know). Anger is slightly different as I think everyone gets angry at deaths they consider unjust but realistically you cannot have war where only guilty people get killed. It's war, people die, if you do not want war then make a lasting compromise.

Paragraph 3: Not sure of this at all. There are certainly far right groups who hate the Jews and far left groups who hate the Jews. Strange bedfellows but ultimately their hate unites them.

Paragraph 4: Just seems a diatribe against the USA. Perhaps a debate for another day.

Paragraph 5: Is the billion dollar question. What is the solution? For me, and I think millions of others, the Palestinians/Hamas and their supporters have to accept that Israel (and their nuclear weapons) are going nowhere. The original, UN imposed borders, need to be respected and both sides need to accept that. Bottom line, and I know it is hard to take, but militarily the Palestinians have been absolutely routed and they need to look to the future not the past and negotiate.
So might is right?

Thanks for the response must have taken some time and points well made. My counterpoints would be,

Paragraph 2: Taking land from others has been going on since the start of time surely? Land is usually what most wars are fought over. How far back in time do we go to find the true owners of any piece of land? There must come a point in time where a compromise is made and you accept the right of the new occupants/immigrants to live there.
On mourning and anger at deaths, all deaths. I'm not going to lie I do not know anyone directly involved in the conflict and I do not lose any sleep over any of the deaths, Israeli or Palestinian. There are nearly 170,000 deaths in the world everyday and I hope every single one of them has lived to a ripe old age and had a great time but unless know them personally then I do not mourn. (Before you call me a monster I don't know anyone who goes to funerals of people they do not know). Anger is slightly different as I think everyone gets angry at deaths they consider unjust but realistically you cannot have war where only guilty people get killed. It's war, people die, if you do not want war then make a lasting compromise.

Paragraph 3: Not sure of this at all. There are certainly far right groups who hate the Jews and far left groups who hate the Jews. Strange bedfellows but ultimately their hate unites them.

Paragraph 4: Just seems a diatribe against the USA. Perhaps a debate for another day.

Paragraph 5: Is the billion dollar question. What is the solution? For me, and I think millions of others, the Palestinians/Hamas and their supporters have to accept that Israel (and their nuclear weapons) are going nowhere. The original, UN imposed borders, need to be respected and both sides need to accept that. Bottom line, and I know it is hard to take, but militarily the Palestinians have been absolutely routed and they need to look to the future not the past and negotiate.
Point 1. Because it’s been happening forever, doesn’t meant it can he justified.

Point 2 Far Left groups don’t hate the Jews, they hate apartheid.

Point 3. The US has an antisemitism problem. Always has. Have you ever listened to the Nixon tapes where the Potus calls New York, Jew York?

The solution is probably impossible due to the parties of god. Every war we have fought we get over it. We don’t hate German people or Japanese people for the sole reason it wasn’t a religious conflict.

Religion poisons minds and suffocates reason. So my friend, our grandchildren could be on here in fifty years asking the same question, with the same intangible problem still beating. Religion.

Criticisms of the IHRA definition​

Some have expressed concerns that the IHRA definition restricts freedom of speech by prohibiting legitimate criticism of Israeli government action in the Palestinian territories.

You said "criticism of the Israeli Government and / or its actions is classed as 'Anti Semitism' under the IHRA." I said it absolutely is not. You linked to the IHRA definition and examples... including

• It is not anti-Semitic to criticise the Government of Israel, without additional evidence to suggest anti-Semitic intent.
  • It is not anti-Semitic to hold the Israeli Government to the same standards as other liberal democracies, or to take a particular interest in the Israeli Government’s policies or actions, without additional evidence to suggest anti-Semitic intent.
I might take issue with some of the other IHRA examples, but your initial claim is obviously wrong.

In his announcement he manages to compare himself to Matt Busby, Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola. His main campaign promise seems to be that he promises not to be Asian.

http://www.westmonster.com/george-galloway-enters-mother-of-all-by-elections-in-manchester-gorton/

Nice opening speech, hits his major marks. Though not too sure of the Apple like slogan at the end.

To be fair, the purposeful selection of a single minority is a huge problem in the Labour Party at the minute and something that's ruining it. Though George Galloway is as far away from that solution as possible.
Should it be Bye / by? I think you have used 'Bi' by mistake thinking you were searching your fave xhamster category.

Apparently he had different leaflets for different areas of Rochdale.

Gaza was the main focus of the leaflets he sent out in some areas, while in other areas it was all about local issues.
But it was rather telling that within his victory speech he never got to mention that 'the' Rochdale Football Club (no one who knows owt about football never inserts the word 'the' in front of the club name!) wasn't going to collapse on his watch, but more of the Gaza diatribe!

But it was rather telling that within his victory speech he never got to mention that 'the' Rochdale Football Club (no one who knows owt about football never inserts the word 'the' in front of the club name!) wasn't going to collapse on his watch, but more of the Gaza diatribe!
He did mention saving the Football Team. Did you watch the full winning speech live?

I’ve long stopped relying on the impartiality of Sky (it’s a great Zionist platform though).

the Gaza, surely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.