George Galloway | Wins Rochdale Bi-Election (p4)

"All things are possible for the Workers Party and it certainly doesn't need Galloway as leader in the future. He's, basically, retiring now."

This is just wishful thinking. It's not based on anything other than your feelings. For someone who isn't needed, he got about 5% of their votes.

It's a party led by men in their late 60s and 70s and no one else within their ranks has a fraction the force of personality of Grifting George.

Here's the interesting thing posters overlook; Starmer is a fan of private entity and (as someone put it in the Labour thread) he wants a cabinet that's a technocracy. If efficiency and better economic outcomes are on their minds and getting Britain at the forefront of technology, why wouldn't they go down this path?

We're in the advent of AI, ready to take a lot of jobs. Do any of you, in your collective right minds, think Starmer will work against this way forward, especially if he sees other countries working along this pathway??

The NHS is a great example of staff being removed in the advent of AI. In the two years I left the NHS, I returned as my son had an appointment. The office I was in had shrunk to less than a third. There were 19 staff in there, originally, slashed to a third because of the new 'Hive' system. Radiologists had lost their jobs, also and soon they will get rid of the health records library too.

It will be interesting to see the unemployment rate halfway through the term and before the next GE.

People will want something like the Workers Party to fight for them, all whilst you are muttering 'grifters' about them.

Last edited:
Here's the interesting thing posters overlook; Starmer is a fan of private entity and (as someone put it in the Labour thread) he wants a cabinet that's a technocracy. If efficiency and better economic outcomes are on their minds and getting Britain at the forefront of technology, why wouldn't they go down this path?

We're in the advent of AI, ready to take a lot of jobs. Do any of you, in your collective right minds, think Starmer will work against this way forward, especially if he sees other countries working along this pathway??

The NHS is a great example of staff being removed in the advent of AI. In the two years I left the NHS, I returned as my son had an appointment. The office I was in had shrunk to less than a third. There were 19 staff in there, originally, slashed to a third because of the new 'Hive' system. Radiologists had lost their jobs, also and soon they will get rid of the health records library too.

It will be interesting to see the unemployment rate halfway through the term and before the next GE.

People will want something like the Workers Party to fight for them, all whilst you are muttering 'grifters' about them.
In my industry we were given the head up yesterday that this government wants to use the railways as a testing bed for AI technology.

To start with to measure passenger loadings/fleet allocation/customer assists. But they also want to abolish Network Rail to introduce it into signalling eventually.

My union is always open to new tech but not at the expense of job. Unlike the last labour leader I can't see this one introducing universal income to help people who may lose their jobs being replaced by tech.

In my industry we were given the head up yesterday that this government wants to use the railways as a testing bed for AI technology.

To start with to measure passenger loadings/fleet allocation/customer assists. But they also want to abolish Network Rail to introduce it into signalling eventually.

My union is always open to new tech but not at the expense of job. Unlike the last labour leader I can't see this one introducing universal income to help people who may lose their jobs being replaced by tech.

My head is fucked just thinking about that mate.

My head is fucked just thinking about that mate.
I'm trying to get my head around it as well.

The tech is there to measure passengers on trains and some companies use some AI tech already for it.

Signalling is a long term goal. I doubt that will occur within the rest of my working life and only if they can find a 100% safe system. Otherwise the Railtrack fiasco will look like a tea party

The tech is there to measure passengers on trains and some companies use some AI tech already for it.

Signalling is a long term goal. I doubt that will occur within the rest of my working life and only if they can find a 100% safe system. Otherwise the Railtrack fiasco will look like a tea party
As someone who worked in a safety critical industry I would be amazed if AI were to become a fundamental part of a safety critical system like signalling without non AI failsafe back up. Certainly not for decades.

The sheer scale of disruption that happens when IT goes wrong in the world today should be pointing us away from it and not to it IMHO.

"All things are possible for the Workers Party and it certainly doesn't need Galloway as leader in the future. He's, basically, retiring now."
I'd like to think that whipping Muslims up into an antisemitic frenzy isn't a viable political strategy, but anything is possible I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.