George Galloway | Wins Rochdale Bi-Election (p4)

I'd like to think that whipping Muslims up into an antisemitic frenzy isn't a viable political strategy, but anything is possible I guess.

Interesting sweeping view of the desire to be against the slaughter of thousands as something "antisemitic".

Are Jews the only semitic people in the area??

In fact, let me ask it this way; aren't you antisemitic if you're for the slaughter of Palestinians by supporting the current Israeli regime desire for land grab under the false pretence of "defeating" Hamas, which now an ideology??

How do you square that circle...??

Interesting sweeping view of the desire to be against the slaughter of thousands as something "antisemitic".

In fact, let me ask it this way; aren't you antisemitic if you're for the slaughter of Palestinians by supporting the current Israeli regime desire for land grab under the false pretence of "defeating" Hamas, which now an ideology??

Just so you can read it yourself.

Galloway is an antisemite so that's one side.

But it's about more than protesting about the truly appalling action in Gaza, it's about the destruction of Israel for many of the supporters of Galloway and the independents in significantly Muslim areas. The guy elected in Leicester didn't use his real surname as his. brother is an active Hamas supporter. So that's two sides of the square.

The third side is most of the people voting for these candidates are Pakistani. If they were Palestinians I could readily understand but it doesn't impact them at all. So why is Gaza more important to them than domestic issues?

And no one ever bothers to point out that Pakistan has ethnically cleansed Christians and Hindus over many years. Hundreds of thousands were murdered during the partition of India in 1948, yet that never gets brought up.

And why aren't there weekly marches protesting about Sudan (which is Muslim on Muslim violence) and where famine is a genuine prospect? Or the Chinese repression of Muslims? Or Muslim on Muslim violence in Iraq and Yemen? Or Somalia & Yemen?

It doesn't excuse or diminish the Israeli action in Gaza (and why did that start?) but there are 49 countries classed as majority Muslim and there are conflicts classed as civil wars in 20 of those. When do you hear a peep about those? Yet when it's Jews involved, everyone is screaming blue murder. What else could it be other than antisemitism?

But it's about more than protesting about the truly appalling action in Gaza, it's about the destruction of Israel for many of the supporters of Galloway and the independents in significantly Muslim areas. The guy elected in Leicester didn't use his real surname as his. brother is an active Hamas supporter. So that's two sides of the square.

The third side is most of the people voting for these candidates are Pakistani. If they were Palestinians I could readily understand but it doesn't impact them at all. So why is Gaza more important to them than domestic issues?

And no one ever bothers to point out that Pakistan has ethnically cleansed Christians and Hindus over many years. Hundreds of thousands were murdered during the partition of India in 1948, yet that never gets brought up.

And why aren't there weekly marches protesting about Sudan (which is Muslim on Muslim violence) and where famine is a genuine prospect? Or the Chinese repression of Muslims? Or Muslim on Muslim violence in Iraq and Yemen? Or Somalia & Yemen?

It doesn't excuse or diminish the Israeli action in Gaza (and why did that start?) but there are 49 countries classed as majority Muslim and there are conflicts classed as civil wars in 20 of those. When do you hear a peep about those? Yet when it's Jews involved, everyone is screaming blue murder. What else could it be other than antisemitism?

Galloway, along with 'Jewish Voices for Peace' want, basically, the same thing. Are they 'antisemitic self hating Jews' for wanting zionists to leave Israel?? I think you're, purposefully, conflating two issues.

I agree other plights aren't highlighted as they should be, but I also don't recall the backing from a superpower so blatantly to support the mass murder of a people.

And Muslims shouldn't be upset at the slaughter of Muslims??

It's like saying Black people in Britain shouldn't have been against the apartheid in South Africa cos they ain't South African!! It's nonsense to separate emotional or religious connections to wrongdoing.

We're not going to come to consensus on a basic issue, obviously,

You’d have been waiting a long time then.
Galloway and Farage are kin fellows. Best mates.
Both grifters who openly appeal to people baser instincts (race and religion) to persuade them to vote for them. To quote a favourite saying of old George, him and Farage are “two cheeks of the same arsehole”
Thats his favoured expression. He will ne back though, in the first by election for "Reform"

It doesn't excuse or diminish the Israeli action in Gaza (and why did that start?) but there are 49 countries classed as majority Muslim and there are conflicts classed as civil wars in 20 of those. When do you hear a peep about those? Yet when it's Jews involved, everyone is screaming blue murder. What else could it be other than antisemitis

Great post Prestwich an inconvenient truth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.