Gerard Wiekens

Kinky Dribbler said:
Along with Horlock, the most reliable player of that era. Versatile too, liked him a lot. And I think I'm correct in saying he loves the club and still comes back from time to time?
027e97de-8672-daf0.jpg

This was V Bolton last game of the season a few years back. He was actually sat 2 rows behind me n I never even noticed until people were queuing up on the steps at half time for his picture.

Used to love Wiekens, he was an excellent servant for the club. I'm sure the way he played for us he could have moved to a better side at the time. Another player who played for us in our darkest days but will always be fondly remembered. And yes, the memories of him keeping van Nistelrooy in his back pocket :D

Loved him.

Great servant who stayed loyal despite playing with a pile of shite over the years.

In a decent team would have looked a lot better.

the birth of my 1st daughter 12 years ago,i was having a break outside the hospital(fag i think) when gerrard walked into the hospital,being abit knackered i said to him alright mate,i knew the face but wasnt quite with it,he said hello and walked in,after i thought omg i thought i knew him from the pub or something.

anyway about a week or two later i went to register the birth,and who walks in gerrard wiekens

Bluebee2 said:
I was just singing the walking in a wiekens wonderland song and my son said stop singing that he was rubbish. I beg to differ I thought Gerard was a decent player for us. Just been looking for a clip of that goal he scored against Leeds away to make it 1-0 but can't find it. Anyone else got any memories of Gerard ?

Video number 43 has it in: <a class="postlink" href="http://twitvid.com/YBIC9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitvid.com/YBIC9</a>

:o)

Thanks for that BlueMooney, that was a great goal from Wiekens. As for my son Danburger, he's far from a rag as he is 18 and had a season ticket for 12 years, but I guess he's got a short memory of how good a job some players did for us in the past.

He was a class above some from those days - Jason van Blerk, Tony Vaughan, Craig Russell, Tony Grant, Charvet, Buster Phillips, Frontzeck, the list goes on....and perhaps the worst: anyone recall a hopeless central def signed from Rotherham called Nigel Johnson? (a bit before Gerard)

Weaver - Wiekens - SuperKev - The Goat.

This was a spine of a side that won back to back promotions. That's the part that should be celebrated and it's not to be sniffed at; these Boys were the leading players in putting the darkest of times behind us.

As City fans in the years to come we need to respect and treasure these players as much as the Silva's and the Aguero's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.