Gerard Wiekens

A great pro. Had RVN in his pocket in the last derby at Maine Rd and was pivotal in that win. Not to mention his starting the move that probably led to City's most important goal ever.

Got that song going on the Reeperbahn before Hamburg and in the Green Man before the semi - did a really good job for us

ifiwasarichfan said:
Weaver - Wiekens - SuperKev - The Goat.

This was a spine of a side that won back to back promotions. That's the part that should be celebrated and it's not to be sniffed at; these Boys were the leading players in putting the darkest of times behind us.

As City fans in the years to come we need to respect and treasure these players as much as the Silva's and the Aguero's.
What a brilliant post M8, i was in the City shop today for Andy Morrison's book signing, i told him if it wasn't for Players like him god knows where we would be .......... real hero's

I remember 2 things about GW.

Firstly his debut in 1997 was against Pompey at Maine Rd when he scored. It was also so Badbuy's debut.

My other memory is fucking up a backpass after a few seconds of the game v Wigan in the 1999 play-offs. The rest is history!

A dutch mate told me ow to say his name: Gerard Weekins.

ifiwasarichfan said:

This was a spine of a side that won back to back promotions. That's the part that should be celebrated and it's not to be sniffed at; these Boys were the leading players in putting the darkest of times behind us.

As City fans in the years to come we need to respect and treasure these players as much as the Silva's and the Aguero's.

Great post my friend

He was the Zabaleta of his day.

Never moaned. Got on with playing where he was told. Always put a shift in.
Great pro and I'm well chuffed to hear he still goes to games.

he was in The Arkles pre match a couple of seasons ago and got mobbed by all the City in there, seemed to really enjoy it.

It's great when ex players come back to watch City and mingle with us great unwashed.

Saw Weaver downstairs in the away end pre match at Spurs 3 or 4 years back and remember Alfie Haaland getting carried along on everyones shoulders at half time at West Ham.

Sure there's been plenty of others too

ifiwasarichfan said:

Great post mate.

Like many others, that last derby at Maine Road with Weikens and Mettomo at the back I really feared for us, but Ged was superb, read everything the cheating horsefaced tw*t could offer and more, out of all our players in the dark days Weikens was the one I always thought could have made a very good living in the Premier League.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.