Gerrard

cibaman said:
Okay we've had a laugh at his expense. Time to forget it. Forget Moyes too. We're still a bit too pre-occupied with our rivals.

We are the champions. It should be about us.

Of course its about us but its called 'banter' - a priceless by product of our success and their failure,and a key component of what makes football great.

coleridge said:
cibaman said:
Okay we've had a laugh at his expense. Time to forget it. Forget Moyes too. We're still a bit too pre-occupied with our rivals.

We are the champions. It should be about us.

Indeed. I am already sick of that bloody Gerard song. Please can it stop now. Thank you.

Didn't sing it yesterday, would rather sing songs that get behind the team.

Malty said:
Looks like he hasn't slept for a week.

Bags under his eyes.. unshaven, in a depressive mood.. all the signs of a man on the verge of a breakdown.

Dunno about a breakdown but the bloke has definitely given his all this season, and it shows.
Although they beat us i think that game is where they lost the title. Gerrard and Co peaked in that first hour and have looked physically and emotionally drained evver since.
Overall though he's had a fantastic season and, despite the fawning over the strikers, has been Liverpools best player.

I wonder if those calling him will be doing the same when Engerland play in the world cup?

Show a bit of class Blues and appreciate what a great footballer Gerrard is.

gmckennasell said:
i dont have issues with gerrard , but rodgers and their supporters and the media dipper driven circus , have got what they deserve.... nothing , after they beat us they all thought it was their divine right to win the premiership , and rodgers use of hillsborough this season has been nauseating. Well done to the martyrs for finishing 2nd , enjoy it , because that was your last chance to win a premiership , it will be back to the usual suspects next season chelski and yooonited

Couldn't agree more

You'll_all_hate_me_cuz_merica said:
gmckennasell said:
i dont have issues with gerrard , but rodgers and their supporters and the media dipper driven circus , have got what they deserve.... nothing , after they beat us they all thought it was their divine right to win the premiership , and rodgers use of hillsborough this season has been nauseating. Well done to the martyrs for finishing 2nd , enjoy it , because that was your last chance to win a premiership , it will be back to the usual suspects next season chelski and yooonited

Couldn't agree more

And me.

stonerblue said:
Malty said:
Looks like he hasn't slept for a week.

Bags under his eyes.. unshaven, in a depressive mood.. all the signs of a man on the verge of a breakdown.

Dunno about a breakdown but the bloke has definitely given his all this season, and it shows.
Although they beat us i think that game is where they lost the title. Gerrard and Co peaked in that first hour and have looked physically and emotionally drained evver since.
Overall though he's had a fantastic season and, despite the fawning over the strikers, has been Liverpools best player.

I wonder if those calling him will be doing the same when Engerland play in the world cup?

Show a bit of class Blues and appreciate what a great footballer Gerrard is.
+1

We've just won the PL again to add to the the Carling Cup(our first domestic double I might add) and yet we've still got people on here whinging and whining about not enough coverage, Stevie Gerrard, ect ect. Jeez...

de niro said:
You'll_all_hate_me_cuz_merica said:
gmckennasell said:

Couldn't agree more

And me.

Can i be boring and say me too.

In a matter of a few months, they leapt from mildly annoying has beens, to singly the most loathesome club in all football. The vast majority of neutrals wanted them to lose because of their nauseating attitude.

They will be challenging for 4th at best next season. CL will take its strain; Suarez will be off - and even if he isn't, he won't have a season like this one; rags will be back in it; Chelsea will have a striker.

Liverpool have no hope of top 3 imho.

cheddar404 said:
unsworthblue said:
truly great player and seems like a really decent fella

Unless you happen to be a southport dj and he smashes a bottle over your head....

I've been as critical of Gerrard as much as anyone of late but he does have a decent side to his character too:

For those who claim that Manchester City lost their soul when they became the richest club in the world, the story of Blues fan Carl Ramsbottom would suggest otherwise.

The 44-year-old council worker will return to Manchester by air ambulance this week - four months after suffering life-threatening head injuries in a fall downa staircase after City's UEFA Cup tie at Schalke.

Carl spent almost four weeks in a coma after an operation to release fluid fromhis brain following the accident in Dusseldorf train station.

He still faces months of therapy, but at least he can count on the support of the hundreds of wellwishers who have raised an estimated £18,000 to help.

The club have also played a part, with executive chairman Garry Cook handing over a substantial personal donation. City-supporting supergroup Oasis and boxing Blue Ricky Hatton have also helped.

Yet the support they have received from around the worldhasamazedtheRamsbottom family.

Cousin Ian said: "We always knew City fans would rally round because I have followed the club allmy life andIknowwhatkindofsupporters we have.

"But it isn't just City fans whohave got involved. Carl works on Merseyside and when some Liverpool fans heard what had happened they organised a cabaret evening that raised £3,000.

Steven Gerrard, Jamie CarragherandFernando Torres donated signed shirts.

"Then there was the lady, also from Merseyside, who donated a left-hand-drive wheelchair that once belonged to her late husband whenshe heard Carl would need one.

"Schalke's fans have been brilliant raisingmoney, and the club president has sent 1,000 euros."

Anyone wishing to make a donation can do so atwww.carlramsbottomappeal.blog spot.com.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.