Gerry Gow

Nasty indiscriminate disease. We all know certain things increase risk, but it still seems to mostly just be a cruel roll of the dice that decides who suffers. Hope GG beats it.

Good player and the hard man we needed. Think his career was badly shortened by injury.
Just hope he beats this shit disease

One of my early City heroes, yes a hard man but could also play a bit too. My favourite memory is Ipswich at home when Paul Cooper was having a blinder for them, corner kick second half, from my vantage point on the platt lane benches I'm sure I saw Gerry go in a little bit stronger than usual than he should do on the keeps, goalmouth scramble ensues and Paul Power? Digs it in from close range 1-0 win IIRC

Great player for us, what we needed at the time -if I remember bought by John Bond along with Bobby Mac and Tommy H - hope he gets the all clear soon
Three signings that transformed that 80/81 campaign. Gow was a fearsome presence in midfield. Sad to hear that twat of a disease has got its claws into him, hopefully he can beat it.

I remember Gerry almost cutting Arnold Muhren in half in the semi final against Ipswich, we never saw him again and went on to win the game. Hopefully he beats it.

Gerry, Tommy Hutch and Bobby Mac our three Jocks were fantastic. It's very sad to read about Gerry's health, wishing him and his family all the very best and hope he makes a complete recovery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.