Get a grip!

de niro said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
chesterguy said:
I am aware that not everything is perfect but lets just keep some sort of perspective and give MP and the team a few games before we ask for them all to be sacked

We have well over 50,000 forumites, and to the best of my knowledge not one of them has asked for anyone to be sacked.
What some folk have highlighted are shortcomings that need to be ironed out if we are to sustain a serious title campaign.
When the team showed similar faults under the previous manager, and some of us asked for patience and stability, we were called 'happy clappers' by the more vitriolic 'outers'.
Now it seems that even questioning the new gaffer is tantamount to treason to some people, yet it was fine to rubbish the previous incumbent with largely unsubstantiated rumour and speculation on a pretty much daily basis.
Oh well - such is life.

Nailed it.
+2

Exeter Blue I am here said:
chesterguy said:
I am aware that not everything is perfect but lets just keep some sort of perspective and give MP and the team a few games before we ask for them all to be sacked

We have well over 50,000 forumites, and to the best of my knowledge not one of them has asked for anyone to be sacked.
What some folk have highlighted are shortcomings that need to be ironed out if we are to sustain a serious title campaign.
When the team showed similar faults under the previous manager, and some of us asked for patience and stability, we were called 'happy clappers' by the more vitriolic 'outers'.
Now it seems that even questioning the new gaffer is tantamount to treason to some people, yet it was fine to rubbish the previous incumbent with largely unsubstantiated rumour and speculation on a pretty much daily basis.
Oh well - such is life.

The distinction you fail to mention of course being that the gradual slide under the previous manager had been going on for months, enabling people to make a reasonably informed decision as to the likelihood of his being able to turn things around, both on and off the field, whereas the current incumbent has been in charge for a grand total of 3 games.........

I didn't think the fact that we have played three Premiership games to date was something I needed to state on a Manchester City forum.
What happened under Mancini was a smear campaign by a few on here that transcended anything that was happening on the playing side.
Every day seemed to bring a new thinly-veiled accusation regarding Mancini The Person, rather than Mancini The Manager, and it was most unedifying.
All some folk are correctly pointing to are faults that need to be remedied - ideally as quickly as possible.
No personal attacks on the manager - no whispers of alleged wrongdoings - just concerns about shortcomings on the pitch.
We all want Pellegrini to succeed, because we want the club we love to succeed.

Cmon guys, surely you knew that replacing Mancini would take time. Not something I thought was for the best but lets see how Pelligrini does, we have played 3 GAMES ffs, get a grip on something firm and hold on.

Chippy_boy said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
I'm still confident City will win the league.

I am hopeful, but far from confident.

I have to confess, I knew little of Pellegrini before it started to become clear he would be our next manager. I guess I still don't. If he's as good as everyone says he is, then we will be there or thereabouts at the end.

But so far some of his decisions have been pretty baffling to me. It's all well and good having a way you like your team to play, but surely you also have to adapt it to suit the players you have got? You can't change the entire team in the transfer window, so to an extent you have to work with the existing players.

Why then, having seen us playing a high line, get raped by Arsenal in the last game pre-season, and knowing how slow and immobile Lescott and Garcia are, did he set us up the same at Cardiff and Hull? Why did he not give more protection for our back four by playing Barry or Rodwell in front of them?

Why, when we have had the best defensive record for three seasons, did he feel the need to change from zonal to man-marking?

There are many other things that have had me scratching my head. I hope there are good reasons for these thing, and I hope he will very quickly have us playing as well or better than last year. But hope is not a strategy, as they say. We will see over the next few games.

By the way, I do NOT propose we change our manager any time soon, irrespective of how this pans out. He is our manager, end of. We have appointed him and we need to give him 2 years at least in my view, so he will have my full support. I just hope he gets it all right sooner rather than later.
^^^This^^^

People were bound to try and turn this into a Mancini v Pellegrini thing which it isn't. I support Pellegrini 100% and even if this season didn't pan out as well as hoped, even then I wouldn't want him sacked because I trust in Txiki and Ferran's judgement.

All some of us are saying is that we have played numerous pre-season and three Prem games and from what some have seen, it's made us a little worried that our performances need to pick up sooner rather than later.

Our season should come down to battles between the potential top eight rivals, not scraping past other teams with little to spare. If it was just an off day, then fine but Newcastle apart can anyone recall our last good performance?

As previously stated, this isn't about Mancini v Pellegrini, it's about Manchester City and the players who ultimately bring us the results. If I'm questioning anything it's their desire and application. We just need to get going as a team before the real tough games start and there's nothing wrong with being a little concerned about that.

The cookie monster said:
Oh well - such is life.

The distinction you fail to mention of course being that the gradual slide under the previous manager had been going on for months, enabling people to make a reasonably informed decision as to the likelihood of his being able to turn things around, both on and off the field, whereas the current incumbent has been in charge for a grand total of 3 games.........

There were anti Mancini threads after 5 games of last season,because we had drawn 3 games and only won 2
That was 3-4 months after delivering the title

So it wasn't after months.

Anti-Mancini, or just concern about particular aspects of our play? I don't recall any significant criticism of Mancini for on field matters until much later than that, bar occasional question marks over his ability to circumvent a parked bus (which had been going on ever since we were first confronted with one the previous Christmas at the Hawthorns), but what griping there was, was largely restricted to aspects of his man-management such as the needless lashing out at Joe Hart after the game in Madrid. As it turned out, this was fairly well founded, because by the end of the season he'd fallen out with several key players including his captain.
I was happy enough to see Mancini axed in the end, but that does not preclude me from being concerned about the way we have started under Pellegrini. I have serious doubts about his tactics so far, given the personnel (and their individual attributes) at his disposal, but to suggest that criticising a manager who had been in charge for 2 and a half years at the time questions started to be asked, and criticising one who has been in charge for 3 games, somehow constitutes parity, is wishful thinking

Oh well - such is life.

I didn't think the fact that we have played three Premiership games to date was something I needed to state on a Manchester City forum.
What happened under Mancini was a smear campaign by a few on here that transcended anything that was happening on the playing side.
Every day seemed to bring a new thinly-veiled accusation regarding Mancini The Person, rather than Mancini The Manager, and it was most unedifying.
All some folk are correctly pointing to are faults that need to be remedied - ideally as quickly as possible.
No personal attacks on the manager - no whispers of alleged wrongdoings - just concerns about shortcomings on the pitch.
This again.

But as their conduct has already proved, the Mancini outers will never get this because most of them wanted him gone before he'd managed his first game. This is about Manchester City, it's as simple as that.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:39 am --<br /><br />
Oh well - such is life.

This again.

But as their conduct has already proved, the Mancini outers will never get this because most of them wanted him gone before he'd managed his first game. This is about Manchester City, it's as simple as that.

I don't think many City fans thinking is motivated by what they thought about Mancini's sacking, it's purely a reaction to the current form.

6 points out of 9 not bad. It's the performances. The football in thehome win against Hull was disjointed, and possibly the worst home performance I have seen for 3 seasons and that was on the back of a lazy display at Cardiff.

Why?

Tactics? Well we thrashed Newcastle with a similar set up.

Injuries: We've lost Kompany before

It's hard to understand.

Can we go to Stoke and get a point? We just need to show the world including the fans that the old City is still alive and I think we'll get back on track

We have had a little bit of luck on our side in other fixtures. We come away out of the Cardiff fiasco with as minimal damage to our place as possible in the league table. Chelsea-Rags draw was perfect for City, Rags lose to Liverpool, and Tottenham loses to Arsenal. I'm still confident at the moment that City will win the league.

Oh well - such is life.

Fair enough, although ultimately whether there was or wasn't a Blue Moon smear campaign against Mancini, the people best placed to judge him (ie the Board), evidently shared some of the concerns voiced on here, because ultimately they sacked him!
And as I've said on another post, whilst I was one of those advocating Mancini's removal, I share your concerns about the way we have started under Pellegrini, not because I don't think he will get it right in the end, but because we simply don't have time for him to get things wrong and learn from his mistakes. This is the most competitive season yet, with Liverpool and Spurs boasting significantly improved squads, and if we let either of those two clubs snatch a top 4 place at our expense, then it will be extremely difficult for us to wrest it back. Plus, and this may or may not be paranoia, I think if the Scousers get a toe in the door, Twatini would be only too happy to then amend the entry criteria for any European Super League to exclude us, something that would be difficult for him whilst we remain part of English football's elite........

Marvin said:
I don't think many City fans thinking is motivated by what they thought about Mancini's sacking, it's purely a reaction to the current form.

6 points out of 9 not bad. It's the performances. The football in thehome win against Hull was disjointed, and possibly the worst home performance I have seen for 3 seasons and that was on the back of a lazy display at Cardiff.

Why?

Tactics? Well we thrashed Newcastle with a similar set up.

Injuries: We've lost Kompany before

It's hard to understand.

Can we go to Stoke and get a point? We just need to show the world including the fans that the old City is still alive and I think we'll get back on track
This again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.