Get a grip!

Ducado said:
hgblue said:
Ducado said:
The thing we need to do is stop extrapolating our future form from 3 games, we could just as easily go on a huge winning streak than not

In other words stop bloody panicking, it's a long long season

You can rise serenely above it if you wish. Me, I've seen plenty to be concerned about.
I am sure the manager and the club have and will work to rectify the problems sometimes you have just got to trust the club especially this early on in the season

Ned Flanders likes this post very oodelly-doodelly much.

From reading this thread and numerous others on here and listening to comments from people around me at the ground you'd think we were favourites for relegation yet if you actually look at the bookies, we're favourites to win the league. Bizarre.

RandomJ said:
The problem with the "it will take time" argument is that if it takes too much time the title and other competitions will slip away and so the season is a failure. Pellegrini is supposed to be a great manager so it's his job to get these players to play the way he wants them to quickly. He has had all pre season and a few games now to do that and he hasn't and the players look unsure of what to do.

That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence and if he doesn't get them playing well soon and we lose games against the rags and teams in Europe then a lot of questions will be asked about if he is suitable for the job.
So what's the best thing we can do? Moan about it and get on the managers back without giving him or the new players time to settle? Or give the new manager our full support like we initially did with Mancini and hope that the positive vibe is reflected on the pitch? I know what I would rather do.

davymcfc said:
RandomJ said:
The problem with the "it will take time" argument is that if it takes too much time the title and other competitions will slip away and so the season is a failure. Pellegrini is supposed to be a great manager so it's his job to get these players to play the way he wants them to quickly. He has had all pre season and a few games now to do that and he hasn't and the players look unsure of what to do.

That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence and if he doesn't get them playing well soon and we lose games against the rags and teams in Europe then a lot of questions will be asked about if he is suitable for the job.
So what's the best thing we can do? Moan about it and get on the managers back without giving him or the new players time to settle? Or give the new manager our full support like we initially did with Mancini and hope that the positive vibe is reflected on the pitch? I know what I would rather do.

Can you not see that being concerned about a lacklustre start to the season and getting behind the manager are not mutually exclusive?
Oh, and some of us fully supported Mancini throughout his tenure, rather than just 'initially'.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
lacklustre
images

davymcfc said:
RandomJ said:

Can you not see that being concerned about a lacklustre start to the season and getting behind the manager are not mutually exclusive?
Oh, and some of us fully supported Mancini throughout his tenure, rather than just 'initially'.
I'm glad you did. Infact I would never come on here and slam Mancini although I know a fair amount did on here towards the end. One question I would ask you though, do you think we are now playing worse than we did under Mancini last season? Not forgetting that kompany is out and nasty only just came back in.

gordondaviesmoustache said:

If you're not careful I shall resort to being specious...
Resort to?

Touche - I suppose I deserve that riposte for my fence-sitting jibe of earlier.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm --<br /><br />
davymcfc said:
davymcfc said:

I'm glad you did. Infact I would never come on here and slam Mancini although I know a fair amount did on here towards the end. One question I would ask you though, do you think we are now playing worse than we did under Mancini last season? Not forgetting that kompany is out and nasty only just came back in.

I think we are showing a similar lack of coherency and direction, and given that we have a new gaffer and a stronger squad, that worries me.
Or at least it will do after October, when GDM has kindly agreed to sanction flapping.

If you're not careful I shall resort to being specious...
Resort to?

Touche - I suppose I deserve that riposte for my fence-sitting jibe of earlier.

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm --

davymcfc said:

I think we are showing a similar lack of coherency and direction, and given that we have a new gaffer and a stronger squad, that worries me.
Or at least it will do after October, when GDM has kindly agreed to sanction flapping.
Haha. But what I'm trying to say is that flapping doesn't exactly help. It's hard to ignore the fact that we look poor defensively and we are showing some signs of slow build up play but the key is to stay patient. We have brought players in that are new to the league and are showing promising signs but its not all going to click in to place straight away. We haven't even had a chance to see jovetic yet who is a hot prospect. I am also confident that with kompany fully fit we will look more solid at the back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.