Get a grip!

Bit early for a panic but this is probably the worse I've seen City play for ages. I'll probably wait until Wigan have dumped us out of another cup before i start printing out A4 sheets with "Give Pelle the Wellie" but I've got the ink ready to go in case Moyes Boyes give us a spanking.

I just hope that we don't turn things around when Pelle's been in the job for more than 2 months as that could lead to an embarrassing u-turn

tumblr_mrwjwctxRh1sf1yzpo1_400.gif

really I was just trying to engineer an opportunity to post a cat gif

davymcfc said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Resort to?

Touche - I suppose I deserve that riposte for my fence-sitting jibe of earlier.

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm --

davymcfc said:
I'm glad you did. Infact I would never come on here and slam Mancini although I know a fair amount did on here towards the end. One question I would ask you though, do you think we are now playing worse than we did under Mancini last season? Not forgetting that kompany is out and nasty only just came back in.

I think we are showing a similar lack of coherency and direction, and given that we have a new gaffer and a stronger squad, that worries me.
Or at least it will do after October, when GDM has kindly agreed to sanction flapping.
Haha. But what I'm trying to say is that flapping doesn't exactly help. It's hard to ignore the fact that we look poor defensively and we are showing some signs of slow build up play but the key is to stay patient. We have brought players in that are new to the league and are showing promising signs but its not all going to click in to place straight away. We haven't even had a chance to see jovetic yet who is a hot prospect. I am also confident that with kompany fully fit we will look more solid at the back.

So to sum this thread thus far we lack coherence, we lack direction, we are poor defensively, we will struggle to get into the top four, United never play as badly as we do, no consistency, worrying trend, we wont get out of the CL group, dreading Stoke and derby, Hull could have been 3-0 up, midfield shite, we look utter rubbish, players lack drive and desire, we have regressed, we won't win the league again, our season could already be over,

We have played 3 games kept 2 clean sheets scored 8 goals and are 3rd the league where would we be if we were any good?

I am aware that not everything is perfect but lets just keep some sort of perspective and give MP and the team a few games before we ask for them all to be sacked

chesterguy said:
davymcfc said:
Touche - I suppose I deserve that riposte for my fence-sitting jibe of earlier.

-- Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:27 pm --

I think we are showing a similar lack of coherency and direction, and given that we have a new gaffer and a stronger squad, that worries me.
Or at least it will do after October, when GDM has kindly agreed to sanction flapping.
Haha. But what I'm trying to say is that flapping doesn't exactly help. It's hard to ignore the fact that we look poor defensively and we are showing some signs of slow build up play but the key is to stay patient. We have brought players in that are new to the league and are showing promising signs but its not all going to click in to place straight away. We haven't even had a chance to see jovetic yet who is a hot prospect. I am also confident that with kompany fully fit we will look more solid at the back.

I am aware that not everything is perfect but lets just keep some sort of perspective and give MP and the team a few games before we ask for them all to be sacked

We have well over 50,000 forumites, and to the best of my knowledge not one of them has asked for anyone to be sacked.
What some folk have highlighted are shortcomings that need to be ironed out if we are to sustain a serious title campaign.
When the team showed similar faults under the previous manager, and some of us asked for patience and stability, we were called 'happy clappers' by the more vitriolic 'outers'.
Now it seems that even questioning the new gaffer is tantamount to treason to some people, yet it was fine to rubbish the previous incumbent with largely unsubstantiated rumour and speculation on a pretty much daily basis.
Oh well - such is life.

chesterguy said:
davymcfc said:

We have well over 50,000 forumites, and to the best of my knowledge not one of them has asked for anyone to be sacked.
What some folk have highlighted are shortcomings that need to be ironed out if we are to sustain a serious title campaign.
When the team showed similar faults under the previous manager, and some of us asked for patience and stability, we were called 'happy clappers' by the more vitriolic 'outers'.
Now it seems that even questioning the new gaffer is tantamount to treason to some people, yet it was fine to rubbish the previous incumbent with largely unsubstantiated rumour and speculation on a pretty much daily basis.
Oh well - such is life.

Nailed it.

chesterguy said:
davymcfc said:

Oh well - such is life.

so we have new 'fan boys' then.. oh goody gum drops.

chesterguy said:
davymcfc said:

Oh well - such is life.

The distinction you fail to mention of course being that the gradual slide under the previous manager had been going on for months, enabling people to make a reasonably informed decision as to the likelihood of his being able to turn things around, both on and off the field, whereas the current incumbent has been in charge for a grand total of 3 games.........

chesterguy said:
davymcfc said:

Oh well - such is life.

I didnt state people had asked for them to be sacked but lets see what this forum is like in 10 games if we havent won all the games if this is the reaction to the team after 3 of which we have won two

Exeter Blue I am here said:
chesterguy said:

Oh well - such is life.

The distinction you fail to mention of course being that the gradual slide under the previous manager had been going on for months, enabling people to make a reasonably informed decision as to the likelihood of his being able to turn things around, both on and off the field, whereas the current incumbent has been in charge for a grand total of 3 games.........

There were anti Mancini threads after 5 games of last season,because we had drawn 3 games and only won 2
That was 3-4 months after delivering the title

So it wasn't after months.

SkyBlueUSA said:
I'm still confident City will win the league.

I am hopeful, but far from confident.

I have to confess, I knew little of Pellegrini before it started to become clear he would be our next manager. I guess I still don't. If he's as good as everyone says he is, then we will be there or thereabouts at the end.

But so far some of his decisions have been pretty baffling to me. It's all well and good having a way you like your team to play, but surely you also have to adapt it to suit the players you have got? You can't change the entire team in the transfer window, so to an extent you have to work with the existing players.

Why then, having seen us playing a high line, get raped by Arsenal in the last game pre-season, and knowing how slow and immobile Lescott and Garcia are, did he set us up the same at Cardiff and Hull? Why did he not give more protection for our back four by playing Barry or Rodwell in front of them?

Why, when we have had the best defensive record for three seasons, did he feel the need to change from zonal to man-marking?

There are many other things that have had me scratching my head. I hope there are good reasons for these thing, and I hope he will very quickly have us playing as well or better than last year. But hope is not a strategy, as they say. We will see over the next few games.

By the way, I do NOT propose we change our manager any time soon, irrespective of how this pans out. He is our manager, end of. We have appointed him and we need to give him 2 years at least in my view, so he will have my full support. I just hope he gets it all right sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.