Get Behind Robinho

hilts said:
hgblue said:
I was actually hoping that Robinho would be rested for tonight, coz two games in two days is probably beyond him at this stage in his recovery. After reading through this thread again I now hope he plays and has a stormer, so that the big mouth know nothings that follow this club will shut the fuck up about him for five minutes. Robinho is shit. Robinho can't control a ball. Robinho can't pass a ball. Robinho not in the world's top 100. Robinho only as good as his last game. Yawn, yawn, bleeding yawn. Yes I know you all love the Welsh Messi, but talking bollocks about Robinho isn't the answer.

so you think he has been a success so far at city then do you? if you think he has lived up to his reputation so far then it is you that knows nothing about football, also it is 2 games in three days and i hardly think the last game would have wiped him out, he is either a typical example of a self indulgent over pampered proffesional footballer or cannot hack the pace pf the premiership

He's recovering from a serious injury, which is something Tevez was doing when our resident 'experts' were giving him grief. Just look at him now. Still, carry on giving Robinho shit, it's you that's going to look silly at the end of the day, when he gets fully match fit, and rams all the insults back down everyone's throats.

No, no one is saying leave bellamy out because our best player have to play. Cant they play together or what? Petrov will be benched and Robinho and bellers behind Tevez

hgblue said:
hilts said:
so you think he has been a success so far at city then do you? if you think he has lived up to his reputation so far then it is you that knows nothing about football, also it is 2 games in three days and i hardly think the last game would have wiped him out, he is either a typical example of a self indulgent over pampered proffesional footballer or cannot hack the pace pf the premiership

He's recovering from a serious injury, which is something Tevez was doing when our resident 'experts' were giving him grief. Just look at him now. Still, carry on giving Robinho shit, it's you that's going to look silly at the end of the day, when he gets fully match fit, and rams all the insults back down everyone's throats.

your not answering the question are you! do you think he has been a success? do you think he deserves his place over bellamy?

hilts said:
hgblue said:

your not answering the question are you! do you think he has been a success? do you think he deserves his place over bellamy?

I think he's been playing under a manager who didn't have the vaguest idea how to get the best out of him. He now has a top quality manager who does. He's recovering from injury, so patience is required, but that patience will be rewarded because, on his day, he is amongst the best players in the world. So, yes, I would pick a fit and firing Robinho over Bellamy, if that is the choice I'm given.

hgblue said:
hilts said:

I think he's been playing under a manager who didn't have the vaguest idea how to get the best out of him. He now has a top quality manager who does. He's recovering from injury, so patience is required, but that patience will be rewarded because, on his day, he is amongst the best players in the world. So, yes, I would pick a fit and firing Robinho over Bellamy, if that is the choice I'm given.

hughes played him on the left of a 3 man attack which is his preferred position, not sure you can blame hughes, its about time he took resposibilty for his own game, its in all our interests for him to start performing

hgblue said:
hilts said:

That's the whole problem though; with all due respect, there's no way you can say that Rob is either of those at the moment. Therefore, the manager can only go with the player in form at any given time. The day that any manager at City picks a player on reputation or potential over a player who is playing consistently well will be a dark day. And that's not even considering Rob's habit of going missing at away games. If Rob can get back to full fitness and perform to his potential consistently, of course he would be pushing for a place in the team. Not at the expense of one of our best players though.

jimharri said:
hgblue said:
That's the whole problem though; with all due respect, there's no way you can say that Rob is either of those at the moment. Therefore, the manager can only go with the player in form at any given time. The day that any manager at City picks a player on reputation or potential over a player who is playing consistently well will be a dark day. And that's not even considering Rob's habit of going missing at away games. If Rob can get back to full fitness and perform to his potential consistently, of course he would be pushing for a place in the team. Not at the expense of one of our best players though.

Lets all chill out and see what a top quality manager's take on this is eh?

Re: I have to get this out of the way..

RyantheBlue said:
mackenzie said:
Good post.

The price tag is weighing heavily I think. Not with Robinho, but the fans.

Can understand it in a way...we know what he is capable of and we want to see it, but the years of patience have led to an impatience that is now getting desperate.

I do hope he proves the doubters wrong as he IS a great player. Some compared him to Kinkladze and said Gio was better. No he wasn't. And that is my point.....that we haven't seen the best of him. Yet.

That's the thing, to be fair he scored 14 league goals last year? And he was pretty average all season by his standards, he's a player I was very interested in during his Madrid days, and he has lots to offer, so he had a bad game, I bet Tevez isn't turned on that quickly when he has a bad game. Robinho's off form, nothing more, I'm sure someone will claim there is some kinda conspiracy, like he's playing shit on purpose cus' he wants to go Chelsea and he's just wrecking us first.

Yes, he's been poor for a while, can't help with idiots constantly slagging him off at EVERY opportunity, he will come back and prove you wrong. And then you'll clap him like nothing happened.

The sentence "I bet Tevez isn't turned on that quickly when he has a bad game" says a lot......ask yourself WHY Tevez doesn't get slagged off in the same way? Perhaps it is because Tevez still runs his arse off every game, even when he is having a shit game.....unlike Robinho (fair comment I think?).

Yes, as fans, we have to make an effort to support our players like Robinho, that is our job as fans. However, his job as a player is to put as much effort into his game as possible which for me he doesn't do which is why he gets abuse from sections of the ground. Is it not normal for angry fans to express their opinions about a player not putting the effort in for the club and the players around him?

Let's get behind him when he is getting behind our club

hilts said:
hgblue said:
I was actually hoping that Robinho would be rested for tonight, coz two games in two days is probably beyond him at this stage in his recovery. After reading through this thread again I now hope he plays and has a stormer, so that the big mouth know nothings that follow this club will shut the fuck up about him for five minutes. Robinho is shit. Robinho can't control a ball. Robinho can't pass a ball. Robinho not in the world's top 100. Robinho only as good as his last game. Yawn, yawn, bleeding yawn. Yes I know you all love the Welsh Messi, but talking bollocks about Robinho isn't the answer.

Of course he has been a success, you only have to look at his record last season and how he played in the majority of games. He's not suddenly become a bad player just because he is trying to find his form after being injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.