Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news p21

Re: Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news

Cake said:
We found out today that Dad only has a month or two left with us. We are all devastated as you can imagine, things seemed to be going so well for him after such a long battle. Still struggling to get head round fact that he won't be here to see me get married in October or to see City kick off their first ever champions league game. I am beyond gutted, I am going to lose my best friend.

Don't normally post on things like this. Suppose I don't like to be reminded of what will one day happen to me (my dad not being here anymore).
I wish I could help you in someway.
Puts a lump in my throat the thought of my dad not being here.

Good luck for the future pal, let's hope the boys lift the cup for him tomorrow.

Lots of love, a fellow blue x

Really sorry to just read your news cake, my heart goes out to you and your family. Lost my mother a few years back to cancer so in some ways I know how you feel. Keep your chin up, be strong for your dad and be happy in your remaining time together.
Memories will ensure he stays with you forever.

just read the last few pages,tragic news for all your family.Lost mine suddenly so didnt have chance to say our last goodbyes.At least you have that which doesnt make things any easier I'm sure.Hate to say it,but try and be strong as the next few weeks will be hell,was when we knew mam had terminal cancer.God bless to you all Cake,I know that life can be so unfair and you ask yourself,why us.

Re: Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news

Cake said:
We found out today that Dad only has a month or two left with us. We are all devastated as you can imagine, things seemed to be going so well for him after such a long battle. Still struggling to get head round fact that he won't be here to see me get married in October or to see City kick off their first ever champions league game. I am beyond gutted, I am going to lose my best friend.

Cake,

Just tell him that you love him and give him a hug every day. I lost my dad when I was very young and never got to really tell him that I loved him or realise that he was also my best friend.

Win or lose tomorrow trust you will have a special day.

One last thing, MCFC are a very caring club, I am sure if you approach them they might be able to fix it for your dad to get to meet one of his heroes (Colin Bell I believe).

Take Care fellow blue

Dont really know what to say mate. Devastating news and something we all fear. I feel for you and hope that the last months you have together are the best you can make them.

Enjoy tomorrow regardless of result it will be a top occasion and one you will treasure forever!

Sorry to hear that mate. Tragic news.

All the more reason to make tomorrow as special day as possible for you, deepest sympathies.

Really bad news mate.

Stay strong and enjoy the time that's left.

Lost my dad through Cancer last November when it moved from a problem to a stranglehold very quickly.

Re: Re: Get Dad To A Game - Update with sad news

Bilboblue said:
Cake said:

Sorry to hear your news Cake.

I know it would be short notice, but is there no chance you could move the wedding forward? Just so he can see you married?

Hi mate, we have talked about it this afternoon with him but he won't let us, says we have planned to much and spent so much time getting stuff right. Plus he is giving us a stack of money towards it and if he refuses to give it to us early we can't pay for it anyway. He is real insistent nothing is changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.