Get to the Etihad for the 2nd leg!

Come on Blues less negativity we're ninety minutes from a European Cup semi final. This is the stuff of legends - Real Madrid, the Lisbon Lions, Ajax 3 in a row, Johan Cruyff, Munich 3 in a row, Nottingham Forest, Grobbalaers crazy legs, Withe an Shaw. We could write ourselves into the record books. Kings of Europe and all that. I don't like the prices and have emailed the club to register my disappointment at their pricing policy. But, if you support the club and can afford it get your arse off the settee or out of the pub and support YOUR team.

Absolutely spot on.

I am of the generation that suffered the humiliation of Fenerbahce in 1968. I am also a seasoncard holder who goes to every home match (and some aways too) and also all home CL games. I also boo the anthem (probably a bit sad for a guy my age but that's the way it goes). Do I want City to win every competition we enter ? Damn right I do and this is the closest we have ever been to making a big statement on the European stage. All I would say is that if you can possibly afford to be there next Tuesday then City needs your support. If you can afford it and can't be bothered, for whatever reason, then you could be missing out on something which thousands of us have waited a lifetime for. Think about all those years of the Rags getting the headlines in Europe. Think about having to win a 3rd division play off final 4 days after they had won the CL & the Treble. Think about all those countless disappointments down the years.

To me it's not about CFG, the "Project" or the prices (which I agree are too high in my opinion). To me it's about the real possibility of seeing OUR Club get to the semi finals of the Champions League. That's what I care about.

Absolutely spot on.

I am of the generation that suffered the humiliation of Fenerbahce in 1968. I am also a seasoncard holder who goes to every home match (and some aways too) and also all home CL games. I also boo the anthem (probably a bit sad for a guy my age but that's the way it goes). Do I want City to win every competition we enter ? Damn right I do and this is the closest we have ever been to making a big statement on the European stage. All I would say is that if you can possibly afford to be there next Tuesday then City needs your support. If you can afford it and can't be bothered, for whatever reason, then you could be missing out on something which thousands of us have waited a lifetime for. Think about all those years of the Rags getting the headlines in Europe. Think about having to win a 3rd division play off final 4 days after they had won the CL & the Treble. Think about all those countless disappointments down the years.

To me it's not about CFG, the "Project" or the prices (which I agree are too high in my opinion). To me it's about the real possibility of seeing OUR Club get to the semi finals of the Champions League. That's what I care about.

Excellent excellent post

Post of the thread

Another of those idiotic "I bet all those moaning..." comments.

It's a personal choice for anyone to choose to spend or not spend their money on something. And the only people who'll be getting tickets for the final will be on the cup scheme anyway.
You have missed my point. They are moaning now but will be the first to say they were there. I am concerned about prices and can just about afford it at the moment.

You have missed my point. They are moaning now but will be the first to say they were there.

Any evidence to support that, or are you just making things up to make the other side of the discussion look at bad as possible?

I have voiced my concern about the price as I think it is priced too highly and still do. I think the 16-21 yr old price is awful.

As I am in the cup scheme I would go to a final if it wasn't too expensive. I can't make next week as on holiday and I think I might have to miss any semi too if we made it, if the dates fall wrong as I am away with work on one of the scheduled weeks. I couldn't make Seville or Gladbach either. Would be quite nice going to a final having only attended 2 games!
You must have purchased your tickets though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.