Getting a beer...

Took ages getting a beer before the game. They couldn't pour a pint, they couldn't work the till, they couldn't work the card readers, in fact there wasn't a lot they could do. City have invested in speed pumps which are totally wasted when the staff can't use them quick enough. Then after it took me the best part of 15 mins to get served in a queue that was only 2 in front of me they came around with a survey. Personally I'm happy with the quantity and quality of some of the stuff bearing in mind where we are but you should have seen their faces when I explained, in detail, how their staff are either badly trained or not up to it.

I go in the stadium bar. walk in, pay the man, get pint of another man. bish bosh

I'm sat in East Stand level 1 block 107. I got in the food kiosk queue about 40 mins before kick-off. I'd say 10 people in front. Getting my voucher ready to use and really slow progress to get served. The small print on the vouchers seem to imply you can only use them at least 30 mins before kick-off. Needless to say it took over 20 mins to get to the front and that time had passed. Didn't see anyone else using them so decided to simply pay in cash. Young lad which I'd guess was his first time served me, and he had already had to call over a supervisor twice serving others. Two chips and a bottle of coke priced at £9. Gave a £20 note. In the till there were no tenners. He gets a fiver out and then counts three pound coins as my change! I had to tell him that it should be £11 change and then had to count for him the six coins that I was due back as well as the fiver. Whilst young and possibly a student as mentioned by others they should at least be able to count to a basic standard. Absolutely rubbish service which needs sorting out. We won the game which is most important of course.

You pay peanuts......

Yep but it's the organ grinders who are the problem because they just can't manage their teams. Have people with those back packs or just selling bottles. Have 100 pints already pulled ready for the half time rush. People will drink any old shit, it's the queuing they don't like. It's not really rocket science any of it but they seem incapable

I raised a complaint on City Voice at the start of last season - and was promptly contacted by the head of the entire catering/food part of the business.

I met him on the second match day of the season, and he told me the staff all have several hours training in the weeks leading upto the first match - but that "feedback was valuable" and they are looking where to make improvements such as multi pourers and looking at different way to serve.

He then gave me two tokens for a free pint and two for a free pie - I intimated that I didn't want "freebies" I wanted to see improvements and was promised thhat it was all being reviewed weekly.

Well, a year later an I haven't seen a single improvment - in fact yesterday was WORSE than last year as when I got the bar at 40mins they ran out of Fosters - cue mass staff panic as none of them knew how to change a barrel....after about 5-10 minutes the Fosters started flowing, and the chap realised he had no plastic glasses, how the f++k can he run out of glasses....if he hasnt even poured a pint?

Staff turnover cannot be blamed, as the guys on the bar nearest 115 were al lthere last season - with the exception of the "supervisor" who I honestly think had been given the job just because he had ironed his shirt.

Suggestions I made last season were;

1. Multi pour beer station - at the BACK of each bar pouring multi pints of Fosters/Cider/Bitter - they do this at Lancs on T20 days, with good success (they have less fans in, but have less bars too - and people drink more at Lancs as you are alllowed to take it to your seat)
2. Two teams - one taking cash at front, one pouring beers at back. Again, Lancs do this well.
3. Change one of the food bars at 115 into a beer bar - one of those food bars is from the old away end, we really do not need two so close to each other - and with the bigger open front they could have a queuing system in place or those cattle gates that they have at Wembley.
4. The open area near the bogs/115 exit where they keep the floor cleaners - that could easily be made into a number of small temp bars like they have on concert days and could easily have a queue system running along the wall.

I was told these were somee GREAT points.....yet 12 months later none of them have been even partially implemented.

Seeing as everybody is educated to at least 18 these days virtually every kid is some form of student. I expect many of these are far from being the cream of the crop. Sadly whatever qualification they're going for at college or 'uni' will only leave them qualified for what they're doing now - terribly paid drudgery.

Service was shite. Doesn't help at 5.30 kick offs when people turn up wanting to buy their tea for the entire family at half time.

Working the tills in Tesco where they can be equally hopeless at customer service.

Never thought about getting a family meal at the match but can see why families with young kids might.

Went to the food bar in East Stand level 2 near block 242, at 4.10, and my granddaughter ordered Cheese and Potato Pie and Chips. Cocky guy behind counter says you mean Cheese and Onion. No she says, like on the menu screen Cheese and Potato, he looks suitably confused, then asks behind counter Have we got any chips? No not yet, the frier hasn't been turned on yet. Ffs it's match day, it's just over an hour to kick off, can someone not think ahead.
OK I says we'll come back when the chips are ready, how long will that be? 10 minutes. Left it til 4.30 asked if they have chips now, No - don't think the gas is working. How long have they had to get ready for this game? OK I says we'll just have the Cheese Pie. His much is that? £6.50 he says, No I says, that's when you have it with chips. We can't charge you anything else cos that's the price on the till. Am I making this up? Am I fuck, this is City catering at its best.

Last edited:
The experience was the same in Legends lounge as well. The waiters didn't have a clue. Shouldn't complain too much though because the poor lad was that clueless that he forgot to charge us for our final round of drinks. Really disappointing though considering how much it costs in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.