Getting a GP appointment

The one people I trust is NHS physios. All the rest were trying to say it was migraines !! Ok i had severe headaches but Pins and needles, yeh right of course that migraine.
They wanted me on all this strong medication.... until the physio saw me. Basically my spine is trapping my nerves. The 5 6 and 7 do your arms (the pins and needles) and your head. My C2 and 3 decided to join in as well which is my eyes.
The C4 is clearly playing awkward.

Glad you got sorted.

Edit: just googled what you've got...... I was right it's just another name.
Thanks x I know it will come back, but it is what it is.
And it's the same? Never knew that. Hope I don't get the other symptoms then.
Hope you get sorted BM.
Edit....one thing I've noticed...when the pain is down my shoulder and arm my shoulder crunches when I move it. Now it doesn't, that's when I know it's on its way out again.

I got told 6 weeks recent when I had sciatica. Had to jump through many hoops in the end to get that sooner and a sick note.. whilst the surgery near me is empty, because of COVID. I can’t ever see it returning to the way it was ie: face to face

It's a weird system in England, I remember it. You have your own GP and that's it. You can't just go to another GP.

Here it's different. All GP's are in private practices. Which means you can go to any GP you want, you can go and get a 2nd opinion if you want.
Although I've only seen the same GP for the last 5 years because she's bloody great.

When you go you dont pay, the bill is sent to Medicare and they pay it.
I can usually see my GP the next day. If she was away or something I could see another one.
TBF it's a great system they have here.

I got told 6 weeks recent when I had sciatica. Had to jump through many hoops in the end to get that sooner and a sick note.. whilst the surgery near me is empty, because of COVID. I can’t ever see it returning to the way it was ie: face to face
My wife had a call from the surgery asking her to book an appointment after some tests, when she phoned it took an hour to get through to a person, then she was told she'd have to wait 6 weeks, just to talk to a doctor on the phone.

Yes they phoned her.

The system at our GP is absolutely broken, it's just ridiculous, it's worse now than in the first few weeks of covid, and there no chance of changing GP's.

The government closed 19,000 hospital beds and got rid of 50,000 doctors and nurses.

It was never going to end well.

Just saying.

It's a weird system in England, I remember it. You have your own GP and that's it. You can't just go to another GP.

Here it's different. All GP's are in private practices. Which means you can go to any GP you want, you can go and get a 2nd opinion if you want.
Although I've only seen the same GP for the last 5 years because she's bloody great.

When you go you dont pay, the bill is sent to Medicare and they pay it.
I can usually see my GP the next day. If she was away or something I could see another one.
TBF it's a great system they have here.
It’s not like that in my experience anymore.

If you’re lucky enough to get an appointment, you have no idea which GP you will get in the practice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.