Gigs Thread

Saw Courtney Barnett at the Albert Hall tonight. She was fantastic. Venue is brilliant too.
I had tickets to see her over here. First gig after lockdown and it got cancelled due to more lockdown.
Saw Johnny Marr at the Albert Hall around the time of Vinnies testimonial time and it was a great venue.

Just back from an evening with David Gedge. He did a Q&A chat for a bit then did a 40 minute acoustic set of Wedding Present stuff. Top stuff.

Saw Courtney Barnett at the Albert Hall tonight. She was fantastic. Venue is brilliant too.

I had tickets to see her over here. First gig after lockdown and it got cancelled due to more lockdown.
Saw Johnny Marr at the Albert Hall around the time of Vinnies testimonial time and it was a great venue.
Been twice now. 1st time was Ashcroft and that was a brilliant gig.

There's a few decent gigs there over the coming months. Suede, Self Esteem, Dry Cleaning, Peter Hook and Yard Act.

Unfortunately the ones on weekends are sold out though.

Been twice now. 1st time was Ashcroft and that was a brilliant gig.

There's a few decent gigs there over the coming months. Suede, Self Esteem, Dry Cleaning, Peter Hook and Yard Act.

Unfortunately the ones on weekends are sold out though.
Saw peter Hook this year, have tickets for dry cleaning but missed yard act.
I want to see yard act and squid.

If you regard musicals as as "gig" then yes we went to watch The Lion King In Manchester on Wednesday. Absolutely brilliant. Couldn`t be arsed making the trip back to likul ol` Winsford,so enjoyed a night over at Jurys but not before we sampled a few in The Peveral of the Peak and right opposite The Rain Bar.Wonderful beers in both pubs.
Only downside ... in town and bloody City were playing Chelsea.What a bad night to miss a great game.

After 2.5 years of waiting finally got to see Worlds Collide Tour at the O2 in London.
Evanescence and Within Temptation were both excellent.
If anything I thought the latter were marginally better based on song selection, lighting and sound.
It wasn’t a contest though and hit two of my favourite great bands in one show is something of a bonus.

Considering seeing Ozric Tentacles next month. Has anyone seen them recently and if so do they do some more uptempo numbers? I don’t do drugs so don’t fancy an hour of their mellower stuff
Much prefer Gong who are sharing the bill i think they alternate the headlining, it's a completely new incarnation of Gong, there's no Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth or Steve Hillage but technically they are arguably even better. Not heard much by the Ozrics but what i have heard they aren't as good as peak Gong but i'll give them a go.

Much prefer Gong who are sharing the bill i think they alternate the headlining, it's a completely new incarnation of Gong, there's no Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth or Steve Hillage but technically they are arguably even better. Not heard much by the Ozrics but what i have heard they aren't as good as peak Gong but i'll give them a go.
Don’t really know Gong, and I’ve only actually got one Ozrics album which is 30 years old so wouldn’t expect to hear much I know so not bothering

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.