Gigs Thread

Anyone a solo gigger? Did my first one a few years ago which I dreaded but was okay after I got there and sunk a few pints. Mates all have kids and don't have the money to fork out. So contemplating doing it more, done 2 small gigs and 1 day fest.

I don't have any issues with going to gigs on my own. I usually end up chatting with someone else anyway as you know everyone has something in common!
Usually don't drink at gigs these days as there's rarely anything worth drinking, the booze prices are ridiculously high & I don't want to miss any of the performance through having to empty my bladder every few minutes.

Anyone a solo gigger? Did my first one a few years ago which I dreaded but was okay after I got there and sunk a few pints. Mates all have kids and don't have the money to fork out. So contemplating doing it more, done 2 small gigs and 1 day fest.
Never tried it but wouldn't necessarily be against it ..........

Done it a few times back in the day, once the lights go down it's all good.

been to a couple last year and this year on my own. Not ideal but sick of losing out

I went to see Brian Fallon on my own after it got rearranged a million times and couldn't get a babysitter.
It was OK but it's not the same. I stood at the back away from the young uns though!

Went to see Sparks tonight at the Bridgewater Hall.
The new album is great, but they have such a massive back catalogue to play live. And Russell is a very energetic frontman for a bloke in his 70s.
Needless to stay, Ron still doesn't move much, but he did pop out from behind his keyboard for a little jig during "Number One Song in Heaven".

I am, I’m seeing the Pet Shop Boys alone and I saw The Anchoress alone recently. Sometimes I go with friends but I’m happy to do gigs solo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.