Gigs Thread

Macclesfield’s Party in the Pews this weekend, an annual festival that takes place in a church. A mixture of local bands and more well known. Last night was headlined by Badly Drawn Boy, I’ve never really listened to him but enjoyed his set and he’s pretty engaging and funny between songs. Did get a bit samey though.

Also playing were Sea Fever who were OK, better as their set progressed.

Haven’t got tickets for today, the Futureheads headlining and they’ve already announced Slow Readers Club for next year

Anyone a solo gigger? Did my first one a few years ago which I dreaded but was okay after I got there and sunk a few pints. Mates all have kids and don't have the money to fork out. So contemplating doing it more, done 2 small gigs and 1 day fest.
On occasions. Childless and single at 43 so you learn to do stuff on your own.

I've done a few solo gigs - I worked away from home for long spells and it's a good way to get out and about and it was either go alone or not go.
I've also done a few recently with the children when they headed straight for the front and I take a more relaxed position further back.

I am, I’m seeing the Pet Shop Boys alone and I saw The Anchoress alone recently. Sometimes I go with friends but I’m happy to do gigs solo.
I've not seen the Pet Shop Boys live now in almost 10 years but they're always a great act live. I'm gutted that I'm not free the weekend they do Liverpool and Leeds next month or I'd be there in a shot.

Macclesfield’s Party in the Pews this weekend, an annual festival that takes place in a church. A mixture of local bands and more well known. Last night was headlined by Badly Drawn Boy, I’ve never really listened to him but enjoyed his set and he’s pretty engaging and funny between songs. Did get a bit samey though.

Also playing were Sea Fever who were OK, better as their set progressed.

Haven’t got tickets for today, the Futureheads headlining and they’ve already announced Slow Readers Club for next year

I do like Sea Fever. Seen them 4 times now, but agree that they load the uptempo songs into the end of the set.
The male / female vocals remind me of the Human League at times.

Not been to a gig for ages so I’ve got tickets for Josh Ritter’s show at the RNCM in October. My favourite artist of the last decade or so. Looking forward to it already.

I've not seen the Pet Shop Boys live now in almost 10 years but they're always a great act live. I'm gutted that I'm not free the weekend they do Liverpool and Leeds next month or I'd be there in a shot.
I got lucky, a bloke sold his ticket. I thought they were doing Primavera but they’re not, they’re doing a venue as part of Primavera in the City and dickhead here forgot to make a reservation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.