Gigs Thread

I wondered if it was part of the act but obviously wasn't having just watched their Glasto gig. Glad it wasn't a big disruption for fans.

Telling you now, Lathums are the best band out there at the moment and they're not even at their peak.

They aren't arrogant but know they're ace, put on a good show with no ego and they care about performing good music

Up the f*cking Lathums. Thank you very, very much!

Alex seems like a lovely chap. Seems very humble, has a cracking voice and when he says "thank you very very much" in his Wigan accent, it cracks me up every time!

I wondered if it was part of the act but obviously wasn't having just watched their Glasto gig. Glad it wasn't a big disruption for fans.

Telling you now, Lathums are the best band out there at the moment and they're not even at their peak.

They aren't arrogant but know they're ace, put on a good show with no ego and they care about performing good music

They're good but think the reytons have that little bit more about them.

Maiden and A&O last night.

A bit of a mixed set list, but then with their back catalogue you can’t have everything. They were clearly trying to play some lesser known tracks, but for me they are lesser known (and played) for a reason; Alexander The Great, The Prisoner etc.
Highlights; Fear of the Dark, Heaven Can Wait, Caught Somewhere In Time, Writing On The Wall.

Other random thoughts after the gig …

What a songwriter Smith has been.
What solos Murray can still deliver.
What does Gers contribute?
Why has Harris gone so strong on the hair dye?
It was billed as Future Past and well known they would be playing songs from the most recent album, along with most of "Somewhere In Time" with an occasional banger.

They were bang on and Bruce didn't miss a note.

It was billed as Future Past and well known they would be playing songs from the most recent album, along with most of "Somewhere In Time" with an occasional banger.

They were bang on and Bruce didn't miss a note.
Saw them on the Somewhere in Time tour at the Apollo first time round. Wish they'd get rid of the arenas, as was so much better in a smaller venue even if you were at the back.

At 61 I'm happy to say that they are as good as it gets and include a guitarist that gives Johnny Marr a run for his money, I hope they stay grounded as that's a massive part of their charm

Just bought tickets to see New Order in Leeds in October. Had held off until the fixtures were out but turns it's Arsenal away that weekend.
Absolutely love them, but wish they'd record some new material. It's now 8 years since "Music: Complete" and they're in danger of becoming a retro act.
Have loved watching Phil and Tom in Sea Fever recently, and it shows that at least 2/5 of the band are still capable of writing cutting edge music.

My Mrs wanted to see the foo fighters, had a look on ticket masters, £279 per ticket, no chance, apparently it's now sold out.

How fucking expensive are gigs now?! Any cricket ground gig seems to be 75-90 notes. Even a rock band at the academy can ask £40. Pulp on Tuesday £75 for Castlefield bowl with one shit support is pushing the boundaries too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.