Gigs Thread

Two pints for just shy of £20 at the Arena?! I wouldn’t expect to pay that in London.

Surely he was overcharged unless they really are taking the piss now.
Taking the piss I'm afraid. I didn't realise at the gig, it was only today when he rang me up for a chat that he told me how much it had cost him, robbing barstewards!!

Just been to see James at the On The Waterfront festival in Liverpool. As always they were excellent and the setlist was a cracker. Heavens opened after Red Rum Club though and pissed it down for 20 mins with no shelter so was stood in soaking clothes for almost 4 hrs which wasnt great. Strange venue.

Last edited:
Made a late decision to head to Wembley this Sunday for Blur.
Got a relatively cheap ticket from Twickets this afternoon, and curfew being 10pm means can still get back to the Midlands without overnighting.

Shed Seven in Leeds on 15th July, and James (with a stellar support of Editors, Maximo Park and Pigeon Detectives) in Darlington on 5th August coming up too.

Inspiral Carpets and Blossoms tomorrow at Castlefield Bowl. Not been there before, are there decent food and drink options or best doing that before?

I'm also going there. On Liverpool Road near the entrance you have Cask, the White Lion & the Oxnoble pubwise, and an Italian restaurant, a chippy (with sit in upstairs), Rump & Ribs, Big Licks ice cream & burgers, Akbar's Indian restaurant, a Japanese place & Jimmy's Killer Prawns.
I'd eat and drink before you enter the Bowl as the prices there are extortionate.

Inspiral Carpets and Blossoms tomorrow at Castlefield Bowl. Not been there before, are there decent food and drink options or best doing that before?
We're eating in town after work. Loads of nearby options to choose from.
And the weather forecast looks OK now too which is a bonus!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.