Gillingham v Manchester City 1999

mancityvstoke said:
paulchapo said:
Clevers said:
I must get this. I remember thinking Scunthorpe next year when Gillingham's second goal went in.

I remember thinking.''Oh shit you useless fucking wankers you have let us down again!!!!'' Accompanied by a horrible sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

yeah..and then turned to watch the early leavers ha

I have to admit i left early. I never normally did and never have since, but that day i was just so diistraught at the thought of another season in division 2 i left. I got to the concourse when we made it 2-1 and i just thought fuck em, we don't score 2 in injury time cause were just typical City. I got outside the ground and it went mental, there were thousands outside the ground. Ended up on the opposite side of the ground for extra time. Incredible day ill never forget and taught me a valuable lesson.

Would love to get a copy of this signed by a few of the squad from the match..it would make my old mans day.

I have to admit, that despite our recent glory, being at Wembley that day is still my most emotional moment in football. I was looking through some photos the other day, and it still brings a lump to my throat

Best game of my life that game, what a day at Wembley, what a night and next bank holiday day that followed, and met Brian Horton at the services on the way to the game

Great day. Stayed til the end in the unflinching expectation that we'd do it in the end.

Remember the train home. Virgin had their usual booze ban so mate's nephew set to work as booze mule.

Biggest game in our history - without that win who knows what would have happened? Probably not the Sheikh and all that we have now. I will be buying one

paulchapo said:
The similarities to the Gillingham game and the QPR one are quite spooky.Both huge days when we didn't really perform and almost blew what on paper looked easy tasks.

After that game i never thought i would go through anything like that again,then came QPR!

What about Blackburn away in 2000. They battered us most of that game

mayo31 said:
paulchapo said:
The similarities to the Gillingham game and the QPR one are quite spooky.Both huge days when we didn't really perform and almost blew what on paper looked easy tasks.

After that game i never thought i would go through anything like that again,then came QPR!

I was at that game as well,£100 off a tout for the Blackburn end,sussed out i was a blue after about 5 minutes,but no real mither although they were loving it as they battered us but could only score one.The lad on my left turned out to be a blue too and we kind of greeted every goal with insane muted celebrations,punching fuck out of one anothers legs,lol!I was terrified of being turfed out if i went too OTT.

I think they hit the bar and the post 4 times and we could easily have been 5 goals down before we equalized.If you look at the tv footage you can see the ref shaking his head as the fourth shot came back off the angle of the post and bar.They kind of collapsed once we equalized,their centre half who had some connection to us heading a great own goal into his own net chased by Dickov.A fantastic day!

paulchapo said:
mayo31 said:
paulchapo said:

I was at that game as well,£100 off a tout for the Blackburn end,sussed out i was a blue after about 5 minutes,but no real mither although they were loving it as they battered us but could only score one.The lad on my left turned out to be a blue too and we kind of greeted every goal with insane muted celebrations,punching fuck out of one anothers legs,lol!I was terrified of being turfed out if i went too OTT.

I think they hit the bar and the post 4 times and we could easily have been 5 goals down before we equalized.If you look at the tv footage you can see the ref shaking his head as the fourth shot came back off the angle of the post and bar.They kind of collapsed once we equalized,their centre half who had some connection to us heading a great own goal into his own net chased by Dickov.A fantastic day!

Terry Heilbron (or close to that?) was the ref that day

Henkeman said:
Wonderful - been looking forward to this one coming out.

Will you be putting it up as an e-book too?

Hi mate,

Yep - it will go up on Amazon kindle, too, but it will be a plain text version, while the print edition has pictures. We couldn't get the rights to use the images inside an ebook version, sadly. It will also be online slightly later.

Cheers!<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 pm --<br /><br />
pjpar said:
Would love to get a copy of this signed by a few of the squad from the match..it would make my old mans day.

I have to admit, that despite our recent glory, being at Wembley that day is still my most emotional moment in football. I was looking through some photos the other day, and it still brings a lump to my throat

We're hoping - there's nothing set in stone yet and we've not heard back from the players, but we're hoping! - to have some of the squad down at the Ashton Under Lyne branch of the OSC at a 'launch' kind of event. Of course, I'll post details as soon as I know anything!

Just pre-ordered my copy. What a brilliant topic to cover. Surprised nobody has done it before. The start of the never say die attitude of the club. Away to Spurs in the FA Cup, QPR, and now this season. Maybe we should change the name from the Blues to the Cardiac kids. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.