Gio....

Kinky by name said:

What is it with you, history and pointless stats? History shows David May has a Champions League medal so what's your fucking point caller? Oh and the keepy-uppy argument, very weak mate (and you know it) pity, I'd expect something of more substance from you as you normally talk a bit of sense.

Mate, you've fucked the quotes up. I fucking love the guy.

m27 said:
Kinky by name said:
What is it with you, history and pointless stats? History shows David May has a Champions League medal so what's your fucking point caller? Oh and the keepy-uppy argument, very weak mate (and you know it) pity, I'd expect something of more substance from you as you normally talk a bit of sense.

Mate, you've fucked the quotes up. I fucking love the guy.

Sorry M27, genuine error, I can tell you love him. It was meant for Statto

I will always love him, I was in just in high school when he played for us, the only blue for miles and he was our one shining light. I still think he was more skillful on the ball than any other player I have seen in a city shirt. The club should def have him in an ambassador role, he loves City as much as we love him. If only he was in this team . . .

look im not gona lie, i never saw him play, so im not even going to bother passing my own judgement. but i know from speaking to alot of older city fans (my father included) that our attendances back then probably would have shrunk without him. at the end of the day, any player who could go to nearly every top club in europe yet stayed through 2 relegations until he was virtually forced out deserves a helluva lot of respect

squirtyflower said:
he played for three full seasons
we were relegated twice
no promotions
legendary

thanks, I never thought it was all his fault before - success is relative, needs contextualising and tells us very little about the matter in hand - if we followed the arguments of the stat quoters and success-obsessed fans on here we'd all support the fucking rags.

Kinky by name said:
squirtyflower said:
he played for three full seasons
we were relegated twice
no promotions
legendary

thanks, I never thought it was all his fault before - success is relative, needs contextualising and tells us very little about the matter in hand - if we followed the arguments of the stat quoters and success-obsessed fans on here we'd all support the fucking rags.
success obsessed pmsl
we have won fuck all for 34 years and now we are all success-obsessed
logical argument that a quotation from reality results in being told to support the rags
its a forum for opinion, some of which differ from yours, so when that happens are we automatically rags?

legendary is a word bandied around far too easily

give me neil young over kinky any day, at least he scored goals that meant something

squirtyflower said:
Kinky by name said:
success obsessed pmsl
we have won fuck all for 34 years and now we are all success-obsessed
logical argument that a quotation from reality results in being told to support the rags
its a forum for opinion, some of which differ from yours, so when that happens are we automatically rags?

legendary is a word bandied around far too easily

give me neil young over kinky any day, at least he scored goals that meant something

I never said you were a rag, I just don't see how getting relegated or promoted in a team game can help you weight an argument about an individual player's skill... it cannot, can it? Nelly did score important goals, it's true, but you are not going to argue he was a more skilful footballer are you? And even you couldn't deny that Young had a better supporting cast. As I say success skews perceptions and makes David May better than Richard Dunne.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.