Girl cryogenically frozen

Good question for all the believers.

The only account of bringing someone back to life and billions believe it even though it was written hundreds of years ago in a book full of other fanciful tales no more extraordinary than a Marvel comic book.

This did make me chuckle, the Jesus fable is one that has been told many many times over the course of history and time...

Dionysus
mithra
Horus
Osiris
Persephone
Odin

To name but a few..... It's a very interesting observation though as fundamentally (no pun intended), the evangelical new world order in the Good old US of A will never let the process develop, should there be a breakthrough. Currently these are companies preying on the idea, not the science, this is being totally ignored...

Maybe ancient aliens cryogenically froze Jesus.

6824767fa974849c8b60dfeed3b5f0efa9077b35c3eec2fbdd19283171634e5b.jpg

So when she wakes up she will have no living relatives will be all alone in a strange world, that will seriously mess with her head.

Could imagine in 200 years time ,excuse me miss can you prove you're over 18 before I let you in cos you don't look old enough."here you go ,proof I'm 214 years old "

I was quite angry when I read this in the Grauniad. This "voluntary group of cryonics enthusiasts" or "f@*king wierdos" as they are called in common parlance have preyed on a child and her family in a desperate situation to futher their own ridiculous agenda. They should whipped through the streets .

Why would people living in a utopia in 500 years time be interested in reviving dead sick people? Dead people who potentially carry diseases that have been eradicated for several generations and from which the living population has a reduced immunity? So they can be wiped out by measles like the South Americans when the Spanish came?

*The corollary of your own prediction is that these cryonic companies will have gone bankrupt by the time these cures are available. As more and more cures are found there will be fewer and fewer people choosing to be frozen. Which equates to less income for the cryonic companies, failure to pay the bills and the whole piramid scheme collapses.

**We have the tech to cure hunger today, but it still exists. It's political will that feeds hunger and, should everything else actiually be realised, it will be political will that prevents the resuscitation of this poor girl.

I don't think you can compare, let's say 22nd or even 23rd century Britain/America to 17th century South America. I don't disagree with you that their could be diseases etc, but I'm sure it will become less of a problem as time progresses.

You can make predictions about these companies going bust (some have done previously). In any case, risk will always rise the longer something must last for. They all argue now that they have insurances to cover those issues and the running costs are quite low. They say the money you pay would cover you for thousands of years (baring in mind it probably all ends up in vanguard - so will continue to gain interest).

We have tech that could cure hunger today, yes. But not on a scale that would make it cheap/convenient enough to do so. The major breakthrough will come after we develop super artificial intelligence. It will happen, it's more a case of whether it will be in our life times or not (most leading scientist think it will be within 60 years). Once we reach that goal, all these incredible ideas will be easily doable - the world as we know it will change forever. It seems like a deluded fantasy, but it's not, it will happen, and sooner than most people think.

Political/cultural reasons could stop this, yes. There are religious nut jobs who'd want to put a stop to this right now. I reckon the world will become more secular as time progresses. We're moving on from the constraints of what is traditionally accepted and I think death is the next hurdle we need to beat. As long as the human race is mortal, we'll be interested in this subject, we're going to get to a point where we beat it.

So when she wakes up she will have no living relatives will be all alone in a strange world, that will seriously mess with her head.

A more accurate statement would be 'When she is resuscitated she might have no living relatives, however she'll be fully cured of cancer and get to live a full life in a hugely advanced world where she'll learn the answers to, and get to do most of the things we could only ever fantasize about'.

The bit that prevents your vision from being more tangible is that there's no way we can conceive of right now, to read the patients brain data in sufficient detail in order to "upload" them... even if we had something to upload them into. That's a HUGE and possibly insurmountable problem.

Even if we could read their brains in that detail there's a good possibility that plugging that many electrodes into somebody's head would cause brain damage or death.

think the "current" commercial freezing methods offered are a sham. With companies basically only offering hope to those in a desperate and dire situation.
Hope is a wonderful thing to offer to a dying 14 year old.

Not want to start a religious/spiritual debate, but if, as a lot of people believe, religious and non-religious, if she died what happened to her soul/ spirit? If, in the future, they could revive her would her soul/spirit come back? Just a thought x

Ive just spoken to my friend who is a doctor and he offered an explanation. He said that they remove the soul with a special kind of hoover and keep it in a jar, then they put the jar in a church so its close to god. If she dies before she is revived they will smash the jar in the church to send the soul to heaven, if she is fine then when she wakes up the soul will be mixed into a milkshake or something which she will drink. They really have thought of everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.