Girl savaged to death by dogs in Manchester

bluemc1 said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
does your Bull Terrier try and get at your Lab?

No they were pups together and play together, she would take his food given half a chance but we got straight on top of that but you can see her looking over and he can be wary of her with food about, the lab is the most submissive dog i have known he's great

Makes sense, mines the same, will run upto and play with any dog but will always be the submissive one, altho if another dog has a pop at him he'll stick up for himself and he isn't small.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
york away to this! said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7239464.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7239464.stm</a>

KENNEL CLUB (THUGDOG SUPPLEMENT) DEFINITION OF THE STAFFY TEMPERAMENT
Indomitably intimidating
Terribly pointy teeth
Highly intelligent - some would say Tyson-esque
Affectionate, especially when jumping up to maul children
Bold as a you like, will bite the leg of any passer-by.
Fearless - just like their fearless owners.
Totally squat, slavvering, grimacing beasts that will kill you if you give them the wrong look... (and as for their dogs)

thanks for the clarity...

[bigimg]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1686917/dean-martin-does-not-approve-o.gif[/bigimg]

has the dog eaten your last post?

oh, it's showing it now!! ;-)

jma said:
"My dog is as soft as anything and would never hurt a fly"

That is typical of the sort of quote on this thread.

Change the word 'is' to 'was' and the word 'would' to 'had' and you also have the standard quote from owners after many incidents where a dog has savaged someone.

The fact is, some dog breeds are far more dangerous than others. If only because they are capable of being much more aggressive and powerful if they do snap.

Of the type of breeds involved - those that people loosely stereotype as being owner by nobheads as a status symbol - I struggle to see why anyone favours them over less dangerous breeds. It is an ego trip, imo.

And I don't just mean with the type of stereotypical scrote that walks around showing off with the intention of intimidation and scaring people. I know owners of these types of dogs who would be genuinely appalled if their dog ever hurt anyone and are far, far removed from that type of scrote. However, most, if not all of them, imo, still invest a fair bit of ego in owning that type of dog. Even when train it to be totally docile, they still (not so) secretly enjoy being an owner of that type of powerful dog and enjoy being seen as the sort of person who 'knows how to handle' that type of powerful dog. A person who "has no problems" with that sort of dog. That is often an ego trip in itself. The same people are hardly likely to feel the same way about being seen as the sort of person who "has no problems" with, "can handle" and has fully domesticated a Poodle.

No matter how docile they train the dog to be, they choose that type of dog because it is that type of dog. They might not be doing so for exactly the same reason as a scrote - intimidation and fear - but the fact that the dog is a powerful dog and that type of breed is usually utmost in their thoughts.

To have that sort of dog anywhere near children is taking an awful risk, regardless of its history. It takes one incident, even if the statistics are well in your favour.

That's a good post.

I walk my dog (rottweiler) round then streets twice a day. Usually i'm wearing black coat and hat covering my face. I guess that most people that see us think i'm some scrote (albeit a very handsome one) posing with me vicious dog.
In reality, my wife picked the breed because she wanted to try and give a beautiful dog a better reputation. All the kids in my street love our dog. In summer they knock on and ask if she's coming out. We go in the bookies/shop/pub for a biscuit
Some people cross the street to avoid us when we're out, others make a detour to stroke the dog.

As for raising kids in a risk free enviroment, no chance.
More people are killed by bees/pushbikes/skateboards/choking/trains etc (it's a very long list) than dogs every year.

The benefits to mankind from having domesticated dogs far outweigh the minuscule number of deaths caused by dog 'attacks'

stonerblue said:
jma said:

Change the word 'is' to 'was' and the word 'would' to 'had' and you also have the standard quote from owners after many incidents where a dog has savaged someone.

The fact is, some dog breeds are far more dangerous than others. If only because they are capable of being much more aggressive and powerful if they do snap.

Of the type of breeds involved - those that people loosely stereotype as being owner by nobheads as a status symbol - I struggle to see why anyone favours them over less dangerous breeds. It is an ego trip, imo.

And I don't just mean with the type of stereotypical scrote that walks around showing off with the intention of intimidation and scaring people. I know owners of these types of dogs who would be genuinely appalled if their dog ever hurt anyone and are far, far removed from that type of scrote. However, most, if not all of them, imo, still invest a fair bit of ego in owning that type of dog. Even when train it to be totally docile, they still (not so) secretly enjoy being an owner of that type of powerful dog and enjoy being seen as the sort of person who 'knows how to handle' that type of powerful dog. A person who "has no problems" with that sort of dog. That is often an ego trip in itself. The same people are hardly likely to feel the same way about being seen as the sort of person who "has no problems" with, "can handle" and has fully domesticated a Poodle.

No matter how docile they train the dog to be, they choose that type of dog because it is that type of dog. They might not be doing so for exactly the same reason as a scrote - intimidation and fear - but the fact that the dog is a powerful dog and that type of breed is usually utmost in their thoughts.

To have that sort of dog anywhere near children is taking an awful risk, regardless of its history. It takes one incident, even if the statistics are well in your favour.

That's a good post.

I walk my dog (rottweiler) round then streets twice a day. Usually i'm wearing black coat and hat covering my face. I guess that most people that see us think i'm some scrote (albeit a very handsome one) posing with me vicious dog.
In reality, my wife picked the breed because she wanted to try and give a beautiful dog a better reputation. All the kids in my street love our dog. In summer they knock on and ask if she's coming out. We go in the bookies/shop/pub for a biscuit
Some people cross the street to avoid us when we're out, others make a detour to stroke the dog.

More people are killed by bees/pushbikes/skateboards/choking/trains etc (it's a very long list) than dogs every year.

The benefits to mankind from having domesticated dogs far outweigh the minuscule number of deaths caused by dog 'attacks'

are you a MiB? - that explains the vicious hound...

Timmmmahhhh said:
bluemc1 said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
does your Bull Terrier try and get at your Lab?

No they were pups together and play together, she would take his food given half a chance but we got straight on top of that but you can see her looking over and he can be wary of her with food about, the lab is the most submissive dog i have known he's great

Makes sense, mines the same, will run upto and play with any dog but will always be the submissive one, altho if another dog has a pop at him he'll stick up for himself and he isn't small.

yeah mines a big lad, he only belly flopped another dog once when it came near my dads sandwich, he just tends to bark and bounce around if he's confused by something, ive had many a fun day with the leaf blower

Hamann Pineapple said:
mindmyp's_n_q's said:
I have had small bites off a Lab, yorkshire terrier, jack russel, springer spaniel, west highland white and a border terrier.

Do you smell like Pedigree Chum ?
You win post of the thread, LOL

york away to this! said:
stonerblue said:
jma said:

That's a good post.

are you a MiB? - that explains the vicious hound...

Is it Goggle boy??

Quote from the owner of the dogs facebook:

He's to protective though he's doesn't like youngsters or screaming he as gone to bite but ad him castrated calm him down

Thick cow's facebook is still open to public

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.