Girona FC 2017/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has me wondering what to do with Maffeo a little more, what kind of prize money is there in la liga for a top 10 finish?

He has one year left on his contract I believe, will he extend in the summer and stay in an improved Girona squad for another season, or will he go for a new club should a good offer from a bigger club(than Girona) come in?
I would prefer he come back to City next season as rotation with Mendy, having Delph cover CM/DM/LB, giving him more than enough minutes.

But he may stay there as I have read he quite likes it at Girona and is he obviously performing well.

I would prefer he come back to City next season as rotation with Mendy, having Delph cover CM/DM/LB, giving him more than enough minutes.

But he may stay there as I have read he quite likes it at Girona and is he obviously performing well.
I would too but Walker will be ahead of him and perhaps the game time in La Liga is better than what we can offer him if we bring him back. I'd rather have him playing every week at the age he's at, it's the contract situation that makes it tricky.

I would too but Walker will be ahead of him and perhaps the game time in La Liga is better than what we can offer him if we bring him back. I'd rather have him playing every week at the age he's at, it's the contract situation that makes it tricky.
Oops, I meant Walker, with Danilo covering CM/DM/LB/RB.

Had a bit it of mental lapse there, thinking of Maffeo but writing about Angelino.

I think it could only work with one of Maffeo or Angelino coming back and, although Angelino has the better stats, I actually think Maffeo is more prepared for playing for us based on the higher level of opposition in La Liga (he pocketed Ronaldo at one point, for instance).

Last edited:
Oops, I meant Walker, with Danilo covering CM/DM/LB/RB.

Had a bit it of mental lapse there, thinking of Maffeo but writing about Angelino.

I think it could only work with one of Maffeo or Angelino coming back and, although Angelino has the better stats, I actually think Maffeo is more prepared for playing for us based on the higher level of opposition in La Liga (he pocketed Ronaldo at one point, for instance).

Yeah I thought you'd got mixed up what side he plays there, it would be Walker he that Maffeo rotates with but it's the same situation on both sides really... the fullback situation is tricky, who knows what Pep will do. I'm not even sure myself what I think the best plan is, it would be great having Angelino and Maffeo back but maybe it's too soon for both to be playing second choice when they could be playing every week.

That also leaves us with Delph and Danilo as utility players, 2 third choice players for two positions(fullback and DM) might work but I doubt they would be happy with it.

We're kind of getting off topic though I guess but Girona's success this season is directly related to Maffeo's future to my mind.

Last edited:
No that was a reply to silverfox that one haha. I read yours and replied in a different post.

Yeah it would be Walker he that Maffeo rotates with... the fullback situation is tricky, who knows what Pep will do. I'm not even sure myself what I think the best plan is, it would be great having Angelino and Maffeo back but maybe it's too soon for both to be playing second choice when they could be playing every week.

That also leaves us with Delph and Danilo as utility players, 2 third choice players for two positions(fullback and DM) might work but I doubt they would be happy with it.

We're kind of getting off topic though I guess but Girona's success this season is directly related to Maffeo's future to my mind.
Haha, goes to show I should stop trying to post between meetings.

The Delph-Danilo predicament would be solved by only having one of Maffeo or Angelino return, and I think either Delph and Danilo would get enough minutes to make it worth their while, especially given squad rotations, Dinho likely needing more relief next season, and the fact thatwe will have injuries.

But neither may happen, which would be unfortunate, in my mind, as I think Maffeo has more than earned a chance.

And Angelino could go to Girona now and earn his.

There, back on topic. ;-)

Can't understand why we haven't recalled Douglas Luiz. Can't even make the bench at Girona

51 points, not bad at all. Let's repeat next year, so we can consolidate ourselves as a first division team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.