Give Mark Hughes a new contract.........RIGHT NOW!!!!

It's an interesting one. At some stage this season they are going to have to make a decision on another contract, I can't see us letting him get to the last year of his contract without one.

Too early to make that decision now.

moomba said:
It's an interesting one. At some stage this season they are going to have to make a decision on another contract, I can't see us letting him get to the last year of his contract without one.

Why? Why would he want to jump ship? He's got the best job in football at the minute. What's the point in giving him an extension and then sacking him and paying him off if he doesn't bring success? He's in the second year of a three year contract, if by the end of the third year if he hasn't brought success then he will leave without any pay-offs or nothing.

Remember giving Richards a new huge 5 year contact from 2k a week to 40k? Johnson from 2k a week to 35k? They've not progressed, this club has a history of giving out huge contracts for the sake of it without it actually being earnt.

Immaculate Pasta said:
moomba said:

Why? Why would he want to jump ship? He's got the best job in football at the minute. What's the point in giving him an extension and then sacking him and paying him off if he doesn't bring success? He's in the second year of a three year contract, if by the end of the third year if he hasn't brought success then he will leave without any pay-offs or nothing.

Remember giving Richards a new huge 5 year contact from 2k a week to 40k? Johnson from 2k a week to 35k? They've not progressed, this club has a history of giving out huge contracts for the sake of it without it actually being earnt.

Correct. Can't see Barcelona and Real Madrid queuing up for his services. End of season review. Has to be.

Didn't he sign a 3 year deal when he joined? If so then come the end of the season some BIG BIG decisions have to be made. Depending on where we are then will decide if he stays or goes in my opinion. No manager goes into a season with only 12 months left on their contract. Look at how the Scum squad reacted when ol' whiskey nose announced he would retire? It destablises the squad.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Why? Why would he want to jump ship? He's got the best job in football at the minute. What's the point in giving him an extension and then sacking him and paying him off if he doesn't bring success? He's in the second year of a three year contract, if by the end of the third year if he hasn't brought success then he will leave without any pay-offs or nothing

I wouldn't think he'd walk, just don't think the club would let it get to that stage. Would be a big distraction, and if were not committing to the manager that close to the end of his contract where do we stand on players he wants to buy and sell?

Robbo. said:
It makes sense, give him a contract and make it clear to the players hes going nowhere quickly.

discuss!

This is the Crux of the matter as far as I'm concerned. I think our owners want a world class manager eventually, but are quite happy to allow Hughes to see out at least another 7 months of his contract or even longer until one becomes available, or until his contract expires in summer 2011. I'll be amazed if Hughes is given a contract extension, absolutely amazed in fact!

Robbo. said:
It makes sense, give him a contract and make it clear to the players hes going nowhere quickly.

discuss!

Make a 20 year contract and making him the highest payed manager becuase we're doing so well right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.