Give Mark Hughes a new contract.........RIGHT NOW!!!!

chris313nt said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dont think you will be missed too much, supported city for 24 years and i dont rate MH that highly!

Supported them since you were born then, eh? Who was the last manager who took us to the semi's & only lost 1 game then brain drain!! Cos thats what success at this club is measured by...

no mate you starting another argument, i aint a new money fan and i dont rate MH, your opening says its all new money fans that want hughes out, and i never said i wanted him out i just dont rate him, he can change my view he got all this season to prove he the best man for the job.

and being 24 how much success do you think i have seen, a div2 playoff final and winning div1, other 22 years have been pretty shit

chris313nt said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I know this is against the code of conduct, and I pride myself on never resorting to insults on Bluemoon.

But you're a real dick.

Back at you Dickhead Dave...your one of the idiots who calls for the managers head for 1 loss...look in the mirror, theres an idiot looking at you...code of conduct? Don't make me laugh...I also read the cr*p you write & it would help if you had some knowledge...

Right...

Number 1, I've never called for the manager's head once, I've always said give him the rest of the season and decide.

So you've got egg on your face on that one. Go on...prove me wrong...make me look the dick instead of you and find one post....there's your challenge, Big Mouth....

Number 2, if you think there are more than 1 or 2 out of thousands of fans on this forum who started supporting the club after the takeover, then you like in cloud cuckoo land. 99.9% of contributors to this forum have supported City all their lives.

So don't go round spouting shite about "New Money Fans" because there is no such thing. There might be in a few years when we've won a few trophies, but right now we have the same support we had 2 years ago before the takeover.

chris313nt said:
lee-mcfc said:
are you on crack?

DONT give him a new contract.

The day MH's contract ends with City is the day my 39 years of support for this club ends, because without doubt you 'NEW MONEY FANS' are MORONS...MH has been the most successful manager with City that we've had in years & all you true 'OLD MONEY' fans know what we've been through over the years & the worst manager we ever had was Sven Boring Erickson...who was the last manager at City that only lost 1 game & got us into the semi's of the Carling Cup?? The 'old money fans' know the answer, but the majority of ppl on here wouldn't know cos their 'new money fans' who were supporting Manure & Chelski until last year & wouldn't have a f*cking clue!! I don't want to be associated with a club who've now got fans who call for the managers head when he's only lost 1 game... MORONS!!

Just remind me.

Was that the Sven whose only season here was a more successful one than Mark hughes' only season here?

Were all these other managers that were so shit compared to him luck enough to have even a fraction of the backing over both on and off field managers that has been open to Hughes?

Is beating Palace, Fulham reserves, Scunthorpe, Arsenal's youth team now the mark of huge success?

Was the football that Keegan produced in his first season more or less than could have reasonably been expected with that squad?

Was finishing eigth in his first season more or less than could have been reasonably expected with the squad that Pearce had?

Was taking them to consecutive promotions more or less than could reasonably been expected of Royle with the players at his disposal?

Was taking team that had previously been battling relegation to a top eight finish at short notice more or less than could have been reasonably expected of Sven?

And that is only in the last ten years.

Now consider whether spending £100m and finishing lower than the previous season and then spending another £100m and beating the teams mentioned above is more than could be reasonably expected of Mark Hughes?

Once you've done that you might wish to expand on your theory that Hughes is the best manager we've ever had.

Or just go for the old "you know nothing about football line" if it's easier. Or the "you know nothing about the club's history" one (which seems a bit weird given the acheivements listed above being classed as inferior to Hughes' by the person uttering it)

(PS: How do you get into a situation where Mark Hughes staying is more important to you than continuing supporting the club? You must really, really, really, really, really like him.)

Bilboblue said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dont think you will be missed too much, supported city for 24 years and i dont rate MH that highly!

by your id I would say you were born then.....correct me if I am wrong
If you were born in 85 I suggest you pull your head out of your arse and start believing.
Ask your father.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bilboblue said:
If you were born in 85 I suggest you pull your head out of your arse and start believing.
Ask your father.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've just spotted this.

I'm getting lectured in the club's history by someone who was still swimming around his Dad's bollocks when I danced on the pitch when we got promoted at Charlton.

Never lectured you mate!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've just spotted this.

I'm getting lectured in the club's history by someone who was still swimming around his Dad's bollocks when I danced on the pitch when we got promoted at Charlton.

Never lectured you mate!

Sorry mate, I edited when I realised!

I thought the gobshite bloke was born in 85,

My mistake.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bilboblue said:
Ask your father.

DD read back fella, that was for boyblue_85 matey.........

confused with all the edits now!

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
chris313nt said:
The day MH's contract ends with City is the day my 39 years of support for this club ends, because without doubt you 'NEW MONEY FANS' are MORONS...MH has been the most successful manager with City that we've had in years & all you true 'OLD MONEY' fans know what we've been through over the years & the worst manager we ever had was Sven Boring Erickson...who was the last manager at City that only lost 1 game & got us into the semi's of the Carling Cup?? The 'old money fans' know the answer, but the majority of ppl on here wouldn't know cos their 'new money fans' who were supporting Manure & Chelski until last year & wouldn't have a f*cking clue!! I don't want to be associated with a club who've now got fans who call for the managers head when he's only lost 1 game... MORONS!!

Just remind me.

Was that the Sven whose only season here was a more successful one than Mark hughes' only season here?

Were all these other managers that were so shit compared to him luck enough to have even a fraction of the backing over both on and off field managers that has been open to Hughes?

Is beating Palace, Fulham reserves, Scunthorpe, Arsenal's youth team now the mark of huge success?

Was the football that Keegan produced in his first season more or less than could have reasonably been expected with that squad?

Was finishing eigth in his first season more or less than could have been reasonably expected with the squad that Pearce had?

Was taking them to consecutive promotions more or less than could reasonably been expected of Royle with the players at his disposal?

Was taking team that had previously been battling relegation to a top eight finish at short notice more or less than could have been reasonably expected of Sven?

And that is only in the last ten years.

Now consider whether spending £100m and finishing lower than the previous season and then spending another £100m and beating the teams mentioned above is more than could be reasonably expected of Mark Hughes?

Once you've done that you might wish to expand on your theory that Hughes is the best manager we've ever had.

Or just go for the old "you know nothing about football line" if it's easier. Or the "you know nothing about the club's history" one (which seems a bit weird given the acheivements listed above being classed as inferior to Hughes' by the person uttering it)

(PS: How do you get into a situation where Mark Hughes staying is more important to you than continuing supporting the club? You must really, really, really, really, really like him.)

you can wrap it up in as much fancy wrapping paper & bows as you like, the reality is that MH has so far taken us further than any other manager we've had in recent years...MH took over a team that Sven destroyed & he had to pick the pieces up cos Sven had no authority over the players & he got the sack cos he was rubbish...Keegan was probably the best recent manager before MH...All the ex managers had money to spend on players, they just didnt choose them wisely (didn't we used to have Anelka?)...The money has helped but it doesn't buy success, you have to have direction for that...MH is the best manager in recent years because he's got us further in his second season than any other manager & like Ancelotti said the other day, when you change a whole team it takes a long time before they start to play properly as a team, but when you only change 1 or 2 players its easier...I watched how MH stabilised the previous teams he took charge of in Wales & Blackburn & that was with mediocre players & next to no budget at Blackburn, so I do admire what he's capable of achieving...The reason I'd turn my back on a club I've supported for 39 years, is because I don't like the mentality that the new money has brought, which is, I want success NOW & if I dont get it I'm going to throw my teddies around, so sack the manager! Its pathetic, its like the fans at Chelski & their pathetic...We need stability & we won't get that by changing the staff everytime we dont get a result we want, if we were losing on a regular basis then I'd support getting a new manager, but we're not losing & we're still top 6 with a spare game & this season I've only ever expected top 6, only an idiot would expect higher against teams established over years...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.