Give yourself advice

Don't expect anyone to ever encourage you or praise you for anything and don't stand there admiring your own deeds. Just carry on, keep calm and pretend you know what you're doing. Everyone else does.

Do not under any circumstances allow people to guilt trip you. It' s hard but being hated is better than being seen as a soft touch. In time you'll earn respect. This is a hard lesson but you didn't make the rules.

I'd tell myself to knuckle down the last couple of years at school and choose a career instead of ending up doing 'nothing' jobs for want of a better phrase. Don't get me wrong i've enjoyed them for the most part and am happy in my life but i do look back and wonder what if. But then again if i'd changed things would i have met my beautiful wife and have my son though? So i suppose i shouldn't have any regrets really.

Life's funny i suppose and i think we all should feel lucky for what we have and the opportunities that are there for us.

I'm currently trying to get my 20 year old to not make the same mistakes i did but i'm not having much joy, hopefully he'll realise before it's too late and get his life back on track.

1. listen to the fucking advice I'm about to give you!
2. Don't smoke!
3. Travel more!

Don't shag that girl from the Arndale Market behind The Blob Shop, carry on seeing live bands no matter how crap they are and last but not least, keep the faith with boys in blue. They might be complete shite now, you might get loads of stick from none match going rags, but some cracking times are on there way.

1. Qualifications aren't everything. Application, committment and doing the best you absolutely can is worth more.
2. Don't smoke and don't go out on the piss every night from 18 to 25 - try and put a bit away and travel A LOT
3. Don't be afraid to change direction, there is plenty of time in life. Funnily enough you feel the same in your 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's as you do in your teens, only a bit slower with each decade.

Don't smoke
Never start Tramadol
Travel as much as you can while you can

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.