Given or Hart

Compare hart's comments with supermans recently. How Ireland would sit on the bench til the 17th game if needs be to get his chance. Hart has done nothing but threaten to leave if he's not no.1, not the actions of a team player.

Why oh why was Hart not sent back to Brum for another season? Would have saved us this whole debate and allowed us to see whether he could play consistently for more than one season.

Still Given for me at the mo though.

calculated said:
Compare hart's comments with supermans recently. How Ireland would sit on the bench til the 17th game if needs be to get his chance. Hart has done nothing but threaten to leave if he's not no.1, not the actions of a team player.

Assuming that Hart's comments as published by the newspapers are true.It will be impossible to satisfy Hart in my opinion, because there is a high chance that Given will be played in the big games and while Hart may play the other games, this alone wont be enough to satisfy him.

brenda said:
Given' big weakness is his very very poor kicking I counted against Blackburn last year when we won easily 20+ times went straight to a Blackburn head.

hang on, his job is to kick it. Its the outfield players to make some effort and attempt to get the ball. Adebayor never ever fucking jumps, and it really winds me up. This is not Givens fault.

Hart. I don't think there's that much between them but Hart's got years of improvement ahead. Also Given's injury is a concern, it didn't look like a huge impact which caused it and I believe once that has happened it takes less for it to happen next time.

calculated said:

Sometimes players just aren't made of the right stuff. These days young players don't know how to be patient, and all they are a boys with big bank accounts and delusions of skill. Now Hart for me seems to expect to start and if not he'll walk, and for a player his age, especially as a keeper, that is ridiculous and a terrible attitude to have. Given will put up a fight and is clearly willing to fight it out, and if he doesn't get the spot, than ya he might leave come Christmas, but that's a different case to Hart, Given's 34 and will rightly feel that he shouldn't waste his time sitting on the bench and I wouldn't blame him. But he'll fight for it, nail and tooth, Given kept Harper on the bench for 95% of their time at Newcaslte and that was a mighty ask, he's prepared to fight. Hart though, he seems to lack heart. Which seems to be a sad reflection on the young players today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.