Given To Retire? (MERGED)

dw7 said:
Friendlies are also to try out some new players not just to build up the amount of caps you have

But why are we even discussing this, this is 100% the managers call.
The MANAGER plays the team he wants to play, players make themselves available for selection and the MANAGER picks from what he's got.
Given actually wants to play for his country, oh shock horror, what a horrible thing to do. So out of date with these brats of today, who'd rather be "injured" than take part in an international.

LongsightM13 said:
Fuck Roy Keane and anything that **** has to say about anybody or anything.
Shay would never turn his back on his country at a World Cup, whatever the perceived 'provocation'.
Shay Given is proud to play for his country, anytime, anyplace anywhere.
The King of Donegal is worth a million of that fucking Cork gyppo. A joke, I would happily piss on his grave.
I agree that neither Westwood nor Doyle are fit to polish his boots. Without Shay, Ireland are fucked.
But as I said earlier, while he is undoubtedly injured, I very much doubt he is finished and this has more to do with his exit strategy from City.

So what your saying is that all city's doctors and physio's think his shoulder is fucked after doing scans x rays etc

But really there is nothing wrong with it and it's given and his agent lying to get a knock down price and a move to united

I think who ever you were talking to is talking shit<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am --<br /><br />
Rahart said:
dw7 said:
Friendlies are also to try out some new players not just to build up the amount of caps you have

The MANAGER plays the team he wants to play, players make themselves available for selection and the MANAGER picks from what he's got.
Given actually wants to play for his country, oh shock horror, what a horrible thing to do. So out of date with these brats of today, who'd rather be "injured" than take part in an international.
Because given kicked up a fuss about being on the bench when Kiley was persuaded for a friendly then given was put on at half time why make this kind of sub so kiely jacked it in again

dw7 said:
LongsightM13 said:
Shay would never turn his back on his country at a World Cup, whatever the perceived 'provocation'.
The King of Donegal is worth a million of that fucking Cork gyppo. A joke, I would happily piss on his grave.
I agree that neither Westwood nor Doyle are fit to polish his boots. Without Shay, Ireland are fucked.
But as I said earlier, while he is undoubtedly injured, I very much doubt he is finished and this has more to do with his exit strategy from City.

So what your saying is that all city's doctors and physio's think his shoulder is fucked after doing scans x rays etc

But really there is nothing wrong with it and it's given and his agent lying to get a knock down price and a move to united

I think who ever you were talking to is talking shit

More he's injured, but just finished with City, not football. Hopefully not football, because what an awful waste of a year.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 am --<br /><br />
dw7 said:
LongsightM13 said:

I think who ever you were talking to is talking shit

-- Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:24 am --

Rahart said:
Because given kicked up a fuss about being on the bench when Kiley was persuaded for a friendly then given was put on at half time why make this kind of sub so kiely jacked it in again

Right..again, while you're in your own way trying to have a go at Given, for what I'm not sure, his commitment maybe? I'm not sure why, but each to his own. But it sounds like you and Roy Keane have something in common.

It is the manager that makes the calls.
Kiely was with Ireland for 10 years, he was like 38 years old when he left, we knew exactly what he offered, he fucked it in because Given recovered from an injury and was going to play for the first half, he wasn't happy so he left, and he'd get the second half.
He'd tried for many years to get the jersey off Given but he wasn't good enough. And he wasn't the only one either. And despite some people's belief, we've tried many keepers, and none of them come close. Many were disastrous.

Just adding some facts and thoughts for us all to consider.

There was a firm interest shown in Shay in January but the interested club (I believe it was Fulham) wanted full medical disclosure BEFORE negotiations even started. Their interest went no further.

There have been no offers for his services either on loan or permanent since the above occurred.

Shay has made no public demands for a move for quite some time.

Mancini has made it clear that Shay would be the one who decided if he were to move.

I reckon that City are due an insurance payout but on the assumption that Shay has to retire.

Shay desperately wants to carry on playing but now realises that that is unlikely ot happen.

He will go through all the medical treatments that are needed to prove his inability to carry on.

Within 6 months he may have announced his retirement because City want the payout from either insurance or a permanent deal, and nobody is willing to pay for his transfer now.

shay out for two months

here we go again, city try for another keeper spuds complain, the whole world complains?

I would understand if he did retire, leaving when his career is still in a decent state and he is still regarded as a very good player and one of the best in the league, rather than being like Gary Neville and being pretty much useless (on the pitch) to your club, and being far away from the player you once were. It's not as if he will need the money, and I'm sure he would make a great goalkeeping coach somewhere, where he can pass his experience on.

Has he actually won any trophies in his career? Because if he hasn't that's ridiculous and maybe thats what he wants before he retires.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.