Given To Retire? (MERGED)

Re: shay out for two months

And this is exactly why we have two top drawer keepers in the squad. Given knows this and should stop whining about 'regularly playing'. If it was Hart picking up an injury Given would be laughing.

Time to tout him out to clubs now and see if there is any takers for him for next season. I think if we get anything over £5 million for him we should take it.

As for Ireland they only have themselfs to blame. I would bring back in Paddy Kenny has done well for QPR over Westwood but with Trap I do expect the worst. If we dont quailfy for the Euros time to get rid of him in my opinion.

leighton said:
Time to tout him out to clubs now and see if there is any takers for him for next season. I think if we get anything over £5 million for him we should take it.

As for Ireland they only have themselfs to blame. I would bring back in Paddy Kenny has done well for QPR over Westwood but with Trap I do expect the worst. If we dont quailfy for the Euros time to get rid of him in my opinion.

Given now has a market value of £0

fbloke said:
leighton said:

Given now has a market value of £0

Well I would disagree with that. Yes he is injured get him fit he will play for Ireland a couple of times before the start of next season and he will have a market value of about £5 million or so. Most clubs wont look at Given yet but come the new window and if Given says he wants to play on there will be clubs willing to take the risk on him. Just off the top of my head Celtic could well be that club Givens wife is from up there and Given is a Celtic fan and has said he would love to finish his days there. If Celtic get the Champions League they could well come in for him. Wages yes he would have to take a cut but then again I think they paid all of Robbie Keanes wages last season when he went there.

Also I would guess there would be interest from some of the clubs in this league as well and maybe a couple of clubs from Europe if he gets back fit he is a player we can get some sort of fee from and not just give him away. He still has 2 years I think left on his contract come the end of this season as well so you dont just give him away. If he cant play no more then yes he will retire but he keeps himself fit so you just never know how he comes back from this injury.

Hope he gets another shot somewhere next season, he deserves it.

Why do we need to recall gonzales though, weve got taylor and I believe Gunnar Nielsen is back now? (he did very well when called upon)

shadygiz said:
got told about this back at xmas...kept it stum in case it wasn't true tbh

was told this on 16th dec: -
given currently has a niggling injury which if not treated could become career threatening, he is looking at lengthy treatment

Similar to my info but mine came about 3 weeks ago with more defo' info oever the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.