Glaring weakness in Joe Hart's play.

Irwell said:
Surely the glaring weakness is the distribution that always goes to the other team, not something that might lead to a mistake at some point but hasn't done so far?

Think you'll find his kicking is getting better. He's finding City players more often now and I'm sure he will continue working on it in training. No keeper finds their own players 100% of the time.

Said as much today when it showed that slow motion replay of Fletcher's deflected shot.

Still, he hasn't let it go through his legs so I wouldn't call it a weakness. Best 'keeper in the league, at least, so he's sure to know what he's doing.

For all I know it may never have happened to Joe, but it's happened to loads of other top class goalkeepers over the years, and, as the saying goes there's always a first time.

Only common sense really, as I said, far be it for me to tell Joe how to keep goal, just a bit of friendly advice....

I, at first got a bit nervous when he does this! BUT actually it's a very good technique and he is ALWAYS safe when he does it! If it works, then it's perfectly fine. Top Keeper

Irwell said:
Young said:
The target's usually Tevez, Silva, or Aguero. Surely you don't expect them to head a ball?
So why make them the target? Kick it shorter to one of our midfielders. Play it out from the back a bit more. Anything.

Other than that he is a top class keeper.
Opposition attackers usually would push themselves really high up to hassle the defenders from short passing into the midfield, in which defenders would return them to the keeper. If the attackers keep up the pressing, the keeper will be forced to kick the ball up.

Example. Reina likes to deliver low, goal kicks, which usually ends up being knocked down by the midfielders and it becomes a 50/50 chance when the ball is knocked down. Tossing the ball to the midfield, if it ends up in opposition hands, it is very easy to end up as a mistake in the goalkeeper's part.

I agree Hart's distribution should be better, but unless Dzeko or Balotelli is playing, it's pretty hard to latch onto the aerial ball.

To be honest i don't even remember that being a problem today , and i think Joe Hart is as good keepers as most on his kicking etc .. i have a lgreat deal of trust in him

just on a sidenote .... that save from Fletchers header today was world class , even if it was flagged offside !

Young said:
Opposition attackers usually would push themselves really high up to hassle the defenders from short passing into the midfield, in which defenders would return them to the keeper. If the attackers keep up the pressing, the keeper will be forced to kick the ball up.

Example. Reina likes to deliver low, goal kicks, which usually ends up being knocked down by the midfielders and it becomes a 50/50 chance when the ball is knocked down. Tossing the ball to the midfield, if it ends up in opposition hands, it is very easy to end up as a mistake in the goalkeeper's part.

I agree Hart's distribution should be better, but unless Dzeko or Balotelli is playing, it's pretty hard to latch onto the aerial ball.
Surely a player being pressed by the opposition is better than not having the ball at all and having them run at us? When we go through one of our bad spells where we don't seem to be able to tackle you see Joe kick it out, their players pick it up, run straight to our box and have a shot. It then seems to end up in some kind of loop for ten minutes until we remember how to tackle again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.