Glaring weakness in Joe Hart's play.

Tim Flowers went down to pick up a ball, legs closed and covering any slip through the hands. The ball bobbled up and over his shoulder, with Joe's stance that wouldn't happen. With freak goals there is no right and wrong.

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
OK, this is not a thread slagging off Joe, he is a great goalkeeper but:-

My heart is always in my mouth when the ball rolls slowly towards him on the ground and he picks it up with both hands with his legs wide apart, happened in the first half for example against Sunderland today.

At school, I was always taught to go down on one knee so IF the ball slips through the goalies hands....(We see this so often) his leg/body is there as a back up.....it seems so obvious...not rocket science.

So come on Joe, sort it out.

ColinBellsjockstrap.

(School goalie, Greenfield Street secondary (Boys), Hyde 1965-66)

:-)

Only one season in nets? They must've got pissed off with yer going down on one knee every two minutes!

distribution and thats it. he has everything else in spades. we are very lucky.

the save today that turned out to be offside was as good as anything wed night.

get a bid in for that de gay bloke quick

and man the panic stations

lol

wtf is this thread about? Best goalie in the world and someone finds something to moan about, Typical City lives on

Balti said:
get a bid in for that de gay bloke quick

and man the panic stations

lol

My original post was obviously made tongue in cheek, (hence the smiley face), and I did say Joe is a great goalkeeper, and I have seen 'em all at City since 1961 from Bert Trautmann onwards, but there is always room for improvement in any player whoever they are.

If Joe follows my advice he will do OK.

biggrin.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.