Glastonbury 2022 (Billie Eilish, Paul McCartney, Kendrick Lamar headlining)

Bit surprised with all the negative views in here.
I am no Beatles or McCartney fan and only went along because everyone in our group [20 ish] was going (I wanted to watch Roisin Murphy). But I thought he was absolutely fantastic. He sounded great (far better than Noel, you could not distinguish any guitar parts and it sounded a mess) and the atmosphere was class. Now idea what has gone on with the BBC coverage, but everyone who was there absolutely loved it.
Just to add, I was stone cold sober as well.
Wait til you hear him on the iPlayer, then you might see where some people were coming from.

The sound mixing was dire for around the first 90 minutes of his set. That will make people critical and question whether it was at his request.

Fair enough, but away from Bluemoon he’s receiving a lot of positive reviews

Attachments

• 13862BDA-C1FC-43C2-B9B2-BBB5545B63B7.jpeg
    13862BDA-C1FC-43C2-B9B2-BBB5545B63B7.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 60
  • E97EBCCC-A290-4FE3-8764-0A986AF535B2.jpeg
    E97EBCCC-A290-4FE3-8764-0A986AF535B2.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 60
Each to his own but I just can’t agree with you there, saw him at Bramhall Lane in 88 (I think), 4 hours plus, now down to 3, it’s all part of the theatre. No artist really go full pelt on a set, usually kick off with well known songs, tone it down then rock it at the end. Saw ELO at the MEN, Jeff Lynne a bit older but did just over a 75 minute set the came back on and did Roll Over Beethoven as an encore for 10 minutes, live the band but felt a bit cheated. Seen Bruce a few times, he’s a brilliant entertainer and yes you are right the E Street band are a fantastic bunch of Musicians in their own right, cheers.
I was at Bramhall Lane too that day
Thought he and the E Street band were great!

Wait til you hear him on the iPlayer, then you might see where some people were coming from.
To be fair, I've watched someone in person and thought it was amazing and then watched the video again afterwards and noticed far more flaws in the performance. In person, you definitely don't notice as much, but then that's who you're performing for anyway.

Good job he didn't ask Cliff Richards to perform a song with him at Glastonbury Fookinhell lol!

To be fair, I've watched someone in person and thought it was amazing and then watched the video again afterwards and noticed far more flaws in the performance. In person, you definitely don't notice as much, but then that's who you're performing for anyway.
There's a lot to be said for being there, just the whole atmosphere and buzz you just don't get on t.v. Same with the footy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.