Glastonbury 2024

If you read my post, you'll see I did make reference to that. But putting on a band who are (like it or not) hugely popular, and have the stagecraft to handle a crowd of that size, makes sense. The more radical music fans would want someone more edgy, someone not as well known, to headline the main stage on the final night. Which is fine. That's not going to happen though, is it?
I reckon part of it is the fact that there aren't many guitar bands around at the moment that you could genuinely say are both massive and current. It's even difficult to see who's big nowadays, because the charts are clogged up with stuff that was released decades ago, because they base it on streams rather than purchases. Which is kinda like if the charts over the previous 60 years weren't based on what you bought but how often you listened to it.

If you read my post, you'll see I did make reference to that. But putting on a band who are (like it or not) hugely popular, and have the stagecraft to handle a crowd of that size, makes sense. The more radical music fans would want someone more edgy, someone not as well known, to headline the main stage on the final night. Which is fine. That's not going to happen though, is it?
Fair comment, music for Nans & Grandads but its the modern way isnt it, most seem to like music nowadays that even their parents like too.
Wheres the fucking rebellion ffs, in fairness, maybe Glastonbury isnt the place for it

I suppose it'll be interesting to see who has their "crash and burn" moment. Lana del Ray last year, wasn't it? Getting her act halted because she was ridiculously late on stage, and couldn't finish before the curfew. Something about having to get her hair done, IIRC. But hey; very "rock star" stuff.

Fair comment, music for Nans & Grandads but its the modern way isnt it, most seem to like music nowadays that even their parents like too.
Wheres the fucking rebellion ffs, in fairness, maybe Glastonbury isnt the place for it
When was the last time Glastonbury could have been viewed as radical/alternative/rebellious/edgy. Was it ever? Check out the headliners down the years particularly the last 20-30 years...

From what I've read over the years, Glastonbury is getting very corporate nowadays. And is also seen as a place to be seen at, as much as a music festival. And come the sunday night, check out all the camera phones filming the stage.

I’d see Coldplay ok. I’ve got their first two albums and, as others have said, they’re supposed to be very good live.

They put Glastonbury on in the pub one night and we all sat there and watched it.

I was hoping for more modern R&B stuff, it seems to have been left to one side really. Sick to death of rock, indie,punk,blues,ska,electric,new romance,dance,Psychedelic etc............

Get some pretty little thing singing over a generic backing track please

LCD soundsystem would be my main watch there if I was going, probably would even bother watching any of the headliners, will be more enjoyable viewing to be had on the "lesser" stages

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.