Glastonbury 2024

I've often wondered whether it's worthwhile volunteering at Glastonbury (and other festivals for that matter). I'm curious as to whether it's possible to experience the event as a music fan or does that largely depend on the duties to which you've been assigned? Also, how easy is it to apply and is there an element of choice where your role is concerned? I'm keen to hear from someone who has had first hand experience.
My wife has a cousin who has a food stall there, every year she looks for help, paid obviously. From what I’m told it’s very hard work but a great craic. They are within earshot of one of the main stages (pyramid I think) this year. Thing is you’ re working so clearly the experience just isn’t the same as a punter. They arrive a couple of days before to get set up too. I’ve thought of doing it myself but feel like I don’t need the money and wouldn’t want to deprive a younger person in need of the cash.

I can hear that influence, they are more electro from the bits and bobs I've heard. They don't have the songs or David Byrne mind:-)
Wouldn't it be great to see them headline, now that's a proper headliner with LCD as sub sub, I can't see it happening but thats how she should be doing it. Someone new, someone iconic and someone for the masses, easy...

Last edited:
My wife has a cousin who has a food stall there, every year she looks for help, paid obviously. From what I’m told it’s very hard work but a great craic. They are within earshot of one of the main stages (pyramid I think) this year. Thing is you’ re working so clearly the experience just isn’t the same as a punter. They arrive a couple of days before to get set up too. I’ve thought of doing it myself but feel like I don’t need the money and wouldn’t want to deprive a younger person in need of the cash.
Thanks for this but I was referring to unpaid volunteers recruited specifically by the event organisers.

Not a big Coldplay fan and find their albums boring but been dragged to watch them live a couple of times and had a brilliant night each time. A band who are much better live than in the studio.
I just find them really awful, so awful I find them offensive. I’ve seen them live a few times through work, did pay to see them years ago when they were relatively unknown and didn’t mind them so much, but each to his own. If we were all the same life would be pretty drab wouldn’t it?

I can hear that influence, they are more electro from the bits and bobs I've heard. They don't have the songs or David Byrne mind:-)
Disagree entirely in that, while I acknowledge nods to Talking Heads, James Murphy is fantastic songwriter and front man in his own right. But hey, musical taste is subjective.

Admit it, you only posted that because it's Vegan food.... lol ;)

Thanks for this but I was referring to unpaid volunteers recruited specifically by the event organisers.
Its 3 x 8 hour shifts, most festivals do 3 x 6 hour shift, so its a big chunk of time. The amount of people doing it now makes it very difficult considering the £400 cost for ticket and parking now. I like Glasto but I'm not paying £400 for it, no chance. I would consider volunteering.

And to get onto one of the charities, the devilish sods get you to work a couple of festivals the year before just to give you a chance of getting a place at Glasto.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.