Glastonbury 2024

Its 3 x 8 hour shifts, most festivals do 3 x 6 hour shift, so its a big chunk of time. The amount of people doing it now makes it very difficult considering the £400 cost for ticket and parking now. I like Glasto but I'm not paying £400 for it, no chance. I would consider volunteering.

And to get onto one of the charities, the devilish sod get you to work a couple of festivals the year before just to give you a chance of getting a place at Glasto.

It's incredible that as you say tickets cost nearly £400 per person and there is still scope for the organisers to rip people off even further by getting free labour.

Tossers politicising the event. Have a weekend off.

A lot of people there have paid good money to get away from the real world. Leave the politics out of it. Likewise with football, no need for politics.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this, its not how it used to be in the past and it was better for it being political but it has changed to a money making machine so it needs to be honest with that view.

Although I've not got a problem with performers having a go but its got to be genuine not just jumping on the band wagon to get more views.

It's incredible that as you say tickets cost nearly £400 per person and there is still scope for the organisers to rip people off even further by getting free labour.
Yeah i think the tickets are £340 this year and £50 for parking in a field, so next year over £400, its a total rip off but fools part with their money how they like and the demand is crazy

Yeah i think the tickets are £340 this year and £50 for parking in a field, so next year over £400, its a total rip off but fools part with their money how they like and the demand is crazy
£400 quid for 5 days of entertainment isn't a rip off, bare in mind you'd pay around £100 to see a top band for 2 hours now.

£400 quid for 5 days of entertainment isn't a rip off, bare in mind you'd pay around £100 to see a top band for 2 hours now.

Asking for free labour, the acts only get 10% of what they'd get playing their own venues because of the publicity of playing Glastonbury. It's up to each and everyone how they spend their dosh but it would be nice just once for people to tell the people milking the eager public to fuck right off.

Each to thier own but for me its way overpriced and a rip off, in which world is £50 okay to park in a field with thousands in it, pure greed. With the money generated they could keep those prices for the tickets down but they keep pushing them up.

And paying £100 for a top band is also a rip off, so not a bench mark for me.. 5 days however is a good one so when you split it that way its not bad until you add how much you spend over the 5 days, probably looking at minimum of £75 a day, thats a dear do around £800 for 5 days

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.