Glastonbury 2024

this year it's very meh
Looking forward to SZA on Sunday, always like a serving of Wu-Tang Clan.
kgJJMbf.gif

Mate, I've been in the past when not many were on I wanted to see, but I watched loads of bands (ones you wouldn't usually pay to go and see) and they were great, it's different when you're there cos of the vibe and atmosphere. I had a blast. Did it 3 times. Amazing place.
This all day long, its not the headliners it's the bands you discover that you like that you had never heard of before.

Catching on last night
Paul Heaton wonderful and brought back great memories (his co singer brilliant).
Sugarbabes good but we’re better with Heidi.
Dexy’s not great
Dua Lipa not usually my scene but thought she was fantastically polished, great voice, stage presence and nice personality. Can see why so popular with the younger brigade.
Need to catch Squeeze

Saw a bit of Dua Lipa last night, was waiting for Guardiola to appear and start dancing at one point. Those that know, know;) I don’t know her songs but she seemed to put on a decent performance.

£340 to watch Dua Lipa pretend to sing to a backing track. Ouch.
I've been to some fantastic Glasto' festivals in the early 90s and 2008 onwards so I get what Elbow Beards is saying on the merits of it but the acts are getting lame and predictable, not what you expect for the ticket costs.

Another gripe for me and it probably doesn't come across on the telly but the numbers are ridiculous, people can barely move, my view is if you expect people to pay £400 don't penn them in like a demo, for that money you expect t a level of comfort and space, it never use to be like that.

Yeah i think the tickets are £340 this year and £50 for parking in a field, so next year over £400, its a total rip off but fools part with their money how they like and the demand is crazy
Have you been to a gig recently, prices have gone through the roof due to artists getting very little money via Spotify. ACDC tickets were over £381 , Stevie Nicks were also way over £250.

I've been to some fantastic Glasto' festivals in the early 90s and 2008 onwards so I get what Elbow Beards is saying on the merits of it but the acts are getting lame and predictable, not what you expect for the ticket costs.

Another gripe for me and it probably doesn't come across on the telly but the numbers are ridiculous, people can barely move, my view is if you expect people to pay £400 don't penn them in like a demo, for that money you expect t a level of comfort and space, it never use to be like that.
Its not, the headliner gigs are rammed near the stage but the rest often arnt.

I agree with you on this, I went late 90's early 00's it was big then but you could get round everything and the only real crowds were near the main stages, think it was around 100 thousand max then. It's about 200 now isn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.