Global Warming

Skashion said:
brand blue heavies said:
Yes it is.
There is not one proven way to travel backwards in time. Travelling very very slowly forwards in time relative to all the stationary objects around you is well-established. It's called time dilation. Travelling forwards into the future is a matter of practicality not theory. Backwards time travel is not yet possible even in theory.

There are plenty of theories on how we can possibly time travel backwards. I didn`t say it was possible. Travelling faster than the speed of light is one and worm holes another.

Dilation or whatever its called is of no use to everyday man. Were talking quantum leaps in time.

brand blue heavies said:
Skashion said:
brand blue heavies said:
Yes it is.
There is not one proven way to travel backwards in time. Travelling very very slowly forwards in time relative to all the stationary objects around you is well-established. It's called time dilation. Travelling forwards into the future is a matter of practicality not theory. Backwards time travel is not yet possible even in theory.

There are plenty of theories on how we can possibly time travel backwards. I didn`t say it was possible. Travelling faster than the speed of light is one and worm holes another.

Dilation or whatever its called is of no use to everyday man. Were talking quantum leaps in time.

Considering time is a man made thing how do we travel back in said medium

brand blue heavies said:

I'm just going to put a helpful note out to all Bluemooners here. This is what not having a fucking clue looks like. It looks exactly this.

Travelling faster than the speed of light. Not possible for an object with mass. We accelerate massive (as in particles with mass) to very high fractions of the speed of light every day (beyond 99.999999%) and never have any gone over it. The idea that we can push massive particles beyond the speed of light goes beyond an established law of physics that both man and nature have tested time and time again and never broken.

Wormholes, would require negative energy. Not yet proven to exist.

Yet, in this guy's mind, time dilation is irrelevant, even though it's already proven beyond doubt. Time dilation can be whatever you want it to be as long as you have enough energy to accelerate the mass you want to the correct fraction of c.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
brand blue heavies said:
Skashion said:

If time is a man made thing, how did time pass before humans came into existence?

Time is definitely not 'a man made thing'. Is space a man made thing?

BulgarianPride said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
brand blue heavies said:

If time is a man made thing, how did time pass before humans came into existence?

Time doesnt pass thats the thing we made time up. We didnt discover fucking time did we

BoyBlue_1985 said:
BulgarianPride said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Time doesnt pass thats the thing we made time up. We didnt discover fucking time did we

We did not make time up. You are thinking of how we quantify time, that we made up.

Skashion said:
Ancient Citizen said:
What is this thing called love?
What's love got to do with it?

-- Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:06 pm --

BB85 is giving BBH stiff competition in the who can talk more nonsense stakes.

Dont mind me i just completly mind fucked myself

Stephen Hawking in particular has addressed a connection between time and the Big Bang. In A Brief History of Time and elsewhere, Hawking says that even if time did not begin with the Big Bang and there were another time frame before the Big Bang, no information from events then would be accessible to us, and nothing that happened then would have any effect upon the present time-frame. Upon occasion, Hawking has stated that time actually began with the Big Bang, and that questions about what happened before the Big Bang are meaningless. This less-nuanced, but commonly repeated formulation has received criticisms from philosophers such as Aristotelian philosopher Mortimer J. Adler.

Scientists have come to some agreement on descriptions of events that happened 10−35 seconds after the Big Bang, but generally agree that descriptions about what happened before one Planck time (5 × 10−44 seconds) after the Big Bang are likely to remain pure speculation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.