Glory hunters...

Since about 2 years ago or so really as thats the first time i dragged them round to watch. Yeah they had an idea of footy but not much more tbh.

That was the deal i go to watch a college game with Austin and some other buggers then they bring beer and watch my fav sport.

They were shocked at my err passion as i am usually a relaxed person but the remote met a messy end that day due to us getting rogued.

Footy tallied up with their love of beer and bbq also.

Some of them are genuine lovers of footy now not just casual fans, took a while to teach them the nuances. It was funny hearing them start to say "fuck united" if they ever saw an article about them or if they were mentioned on the equiv of ssn.
I am proud hehe.

OH YES ! the brother in law followed Newcastle for years, the next thing I know he's wearing a fucking rag shirt with Rooney on the back FFS !!! recond he'd always had a soft spot for them Wanker !!!!

cleavers said:
Josh Blue said:
With people worried about the club picking up a load of band wagon jumping glory hunters I was wondering does anyone know any GROWN men change the club they support? How can this happen, surely glory hunters are all young impressional kids?

Has a man ever supported say.. Charlton and when they got relegated thought fuck it, i'll be a Man Utd fan?
I know a former blue (who was home and away for years) who is now home and occasionally away at Wet Spam, but you could hardly accuse him of "glory hunting".

Yeah I know former armchair rags who finally grew up and decided to support their local team or gave up on football because they know fuck all about it. Some people have not grown out of it yet and where I am living there are 20 year old United 'fans' never been to a game, don't really intend on going, sometimes cba to watch on sky but still consider themselves loyal fans. WOW!

I know most true blues feel a bit put out about these so called glory hunters, but i'm of the opinion of the more the merrier(but we know who was here first) and i'm sure our owners didn't plow all the money into our club for the faithfull fans that have been here through thick and thin. They want a worldwide fanbase, and if that happens i'm sure they will continue to invest and stick around for many, many years to come. We will be watching the most wonderfull football for a long time, but only if our fanbase grows! IMO.

Ashamed to say hat one of my best mates... brought up Lids.. moved to Manchester over 20 yrs ago

Was full n Lids until they went down the pan

Then switched tous because his girlfriend and most of his mates were blue

Then during the SP era, got frustrated, (didn't we all) and switched to the Arse
his in laws are London based and Arse .. he played the Arse =aesthetic card

Have to say I have given him loads of grief over this , even though he's a close mate and otherwise a goodlad

Watched the league cup game wit him and he took it on the chin .

Don't think he would defect again

Ha ha ... a shape shift of Distin-like proportions !!!

collie41 said:
I know most true blues feel a bit put out about these so called glory hunters, but i'm of the opinion of the more the merrier(but we know who was here first) and i'm sure our owners didn't plow all the money into our club for the faithfull fans that have been here through thick and thin. They want a worldwide fanbase, and if that happens i'm sure they will continue to invest and stick around for many, many years to come. We will be watching the most wonderfull football for a long time, but only if our fanbase grows! IMO.

I welcome them to, If we want to be self sustaining by 2017 as is the plan then we need new fans.
I also do not blame casual supporters of footy buying a city top etc because a, We always have a great looking kit b, Just because its in a "fans" blood to support a team who are we to say in what manor a casual sports fan should follow a team.

We have attracted the attention of vitrually every fan in world football within the last 3 years, such as been our rise so it's inevitable that we will attract the 'glory hunter' types. I think that winning the premier league will see the kodak clicking tourists(glory hunters) arrive en masse whether we like it or not.

Thing is, i'm not bothered as we need to generate revenue in order to continue to grow and compete with top European clubs.

So all are welcome. But please please please, leave the fuckin camera at home.
We are City, not the circus better known as Man-Ure!

TCIB said:
collie41 said:

I welcome them to, If we want to be self sustaining by 2017 as is the plan then we need new fans.
I also do not blame casual supporters of footy buying a city top etc because a, We always have a great looking kit b, Just because its in a "fans" blood to support a team who are we to say in what manor a casual sports fan should follow a team.

I agree with your sensible points, but have to disagree with the always having a great kit, what about the electric blue of the late 90's and the play off final at the same time? lol :)

In my generation (I'm 26) what I noticed was most (if not all) Blues I know around Bury had for some time in their lives been regular matchgoers, and some still go the odd game, some are still very active....

I knew more Rags than Blues in my teens and most of these lads are now in their 20's/30's still not yet to go to a match, and if they have been it's maybe One or Two in their whole lives they have spent proclaiming to be Rags.

Same applies with two lads I know who are Liverpool fans. Followed the club all their lives, regularly watch matches on tv - Yet they have never been to Anfield to watch a match.

Whats strange is they openly admit to this, no shame from them.

I'm aware of many lads who in their youth have followed a few local clubs and now they are Adults they have chosen one club.
My Football story is similar to this, My Dad was a Blue who moved to Bolton and started watching their games (He worked for the electrical board which was based on the same road as Burnden Park) and would get free tickets regularly... I remember going to matches at Maine Road when I was very young and then being taken to watch games regularly at Burnden Park.
He stopped watching Bolton when they moved stadiums, he now lives in Malaga, Spain and has been a season ticket holder there for a decade.

I moved back to my Mothers in Bury in my early teens, found it easier getting to City straight on the Metrolink.
Was upsetting at times watching the Blues, not just for the results but through watching Fathers & Sons together, and myself having to go to games by myself.

Didn't get a Season Ticket until I was around 19/20, Enjoyed the Keegan football but didn't renew the next season due to finances.
Past 4/5 years just went to the odd games, alot of matches I went to for free (friends offering me spare tickets, Blues on forums/facebook etc) The Sven season I went to alot of home matches for free (haha) was a proper football Gypsie.

Have a SC now, in a better position financially at the moment and can afford it.

Never been a big away match goer at City, went to alot of away matches with my Dad when he was watching Bolton.
Past few years since I got my SC I've been going to more away matches, again this is down to being able to afford it really....

I don't mind people adopting City as their club, but if say I lived 10,000 miles away I would miss live football and wherever I lived I would find a club closer to home and go watch them regularly, obviously I'd still watch city but on the Armchair :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.