Glory hunters...

Plenty of ManYoo fans round here jumped on the Stoke bandwagon when they came up bizzarrely, seeing as Stokeys of a certain age consider them big rivals. I've seen a few more City tops recently in North Staffs. In the olden days if you saw one, you knew they were a kindred spirit and you'd strike up a conversation, which is how I got to join up with the lads I go to the game with, but nowadays everyone looks at each other with suspicion and you think "How long have you been a fan" I got it a week after the takeover from Former Port Vale striker now matchday pundit Mick Cullerton at a cricket match because I'd got a City cap on. I have noticed however that Chelsea shirts are much thinner on the ground now, and Newcastle and Blackburn tops which were once commonplace, virtually non-existant.

three from my work in hull. one lad 'supported' liverpool for all the time i knew him (about 3 years) then one morning he just turns up in an arsenal shirt. everyone took the piss and he saw his arse claiming "i can support who i want".

the second was a lad who always wore newcastle shirts until hull city got promoted but now has a season ticket and a tiger badge tattoo. phoney fucker.

the third is the best. a plastic rag. wore united shirts for the 7-8 years i've known him until again, hull city's promotion. now has a season ticket at the KC. he still gives me shit occasionally about city but less so these days because i make a **** of him every time.

the best conversation was when i asked him who he prefered out of the two and he said both! i asked him "if hull were playing united on the last day of the season and needed 3 points to stay up, who would you want to win?" obviously he said hull city. then i asked "if hull were safe but united needed the points to win the league, who would you want to win?" he said united this time. i then asked if they both needed the points, who then? he couldn't answer. i told him he was a fuckwit who supported neither club.

No not that i can think of. The kids that start supporting us now will be nice to see me thinks but a grown man changing just because we are winning is just plain wrong in my opinion.

Ridiculous thread really, given that almost 30% of the attendances in the prem simply don´t care about what teams they are watching. They are there to watch the football as such.

Funny things the universities find out in their studies.

A young lad, living around Manchester, getting interested in football and attracted to the way City play and potentially the places they're going. Compared to...

Some bloke from Croyden who's 'supported' Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the last 10 years but has never been to a single game, buying a City shirt from a sports shop in Harrow.

Both glory-hunters it might be argued, but I'd welcome one with open arms and tell the other one to input 'Borough of Trafford' into Google Earth.

S04 said:
Ridiculous thread really, given that almost 30% of the attendances in the prem simply don´t care about what teams they are watching. They are there to watch the football as such.

Funny things the universities find out in their studies.

No chance!

Yeah there are loads of grown men who changed their team...they are called fc united fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.