Glory hunters...

collie41 said:
TCIB said:
collie41 said:
I know most true blues feel a bit put out about these so called glory hunters, but i'm of the opinion of the more the merrier(but we know who was here first) and i'm sure our owners didn't plow all the money into our club for the faithfull fans that have been here through thick and thin. They want a worldwide fanbase, and if that happens i'm sure they will continue to invest and stick around for many, many years to come. We will be watching the most wonderfull football for a long time, but only if our fanbase grows! IMO.

I welcome them to, If we want to be self sustaining by 2017 as is the plan then we need new fans.
I also do not blame casual supporters of footy buying a city top etc because a, We always have a great looking kit b, Just because its in a "fans" blood to support a team who are we to say in what manor a casual sports fan should follow a team.

I agree with your sensible points, but have to disagree with the always having a great kit, what about the electric blue of the late 90's and the play off final at the same time? lol :)

Touche, Ok we have had the odd slip up. Generally though most of ours make good casual attire.

117 M34 said:
S04 said:
Ridiculous thread really, given that almost 30% of the attendances in the prem simply don´t care about what teams they are watching. They are there to watch the football as such.

Funny things the universities find out in their studies.

No chance!

Yeah there are loads of grown men who changed their team...they are called fc united fans

You miss the point, these 30% are not really concerned about teams...

I don't see how someone can change teams. Being 20 my first game was 1996, yeah we were shit but I fell in love with the club and I couldn't ever support another club.

S04 said:
117 M34 said:
S04 said:
Ridiculous thread really, given that almost 30% of the attendances in the prem simply don´t care about what teams they are watching. They are there to watch the football as such.

No chance!

Yeah there are loads of grown men who changed their team...they are called fc united fans

You miss the point, these 30% are not really concerned about teams...

I do understand, the FC united bit was a seperate comment.
No way are 30% of the people who will go to matches today not be bothered about which team wins and just be going because there is football. I would say around 1% + anyone being taken on a corporate by a business so max 2%.
I'm sure you are not wrong in what you have read - the uni have got it wrong, probably by only asking people who are millionaires.

Manchester_City_Blue said:
I don't see how someone can change teams. Being 20 my first game was 1996, yeah we were shit but I fell in love with the club and I couldn't ever support another club.

I see it that way however!!!!!!!

You have to remember that in many of the towns of this great land, there really is no top flight football and not much chance the local team will make it, sure the local teams have their die-hard fans, but many just want to see great football, and be part of a winning team.

I remember here on the Fylde when Blackpool got promoted, loads of Liverpool and Rag fans could be seen wearing tangerine (it's orange actually) shirts, this season they are back wearing Rag and Dipper shirts, only the good lord knows why, and they don't seem to be embarrassed about it either, it's a strange world

S04 said:

Ridiculous thread? more like ridiculous comment from you, 30%? Thats bollocks mate someone is having you on especially if you consider the smaller grounds.

Ducado said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:

I see it that way however!!!!!!!

You have to remember that in many of the towns of this great land, there really is no top flight football and not much chance the local team will make it, sure the local teams have their die-hard fans, but many just want to see great football, and be part of a winning team.

I remember here on the Fylde when Blackpool got promoted, loads of Liverpool and Rag fans could be seen wearing tangerine (it's orange actually) shirts, this season they are back wearing Rag and Dipper shirts, only the good lord knows why, and they don't seem to be embarrassed about it either, it's a strange world

I think we need to understand there is a large difference between a fan and casual supporters aka general footy lovers.

Some people simply are not brought up with a pasionate mum/dad/bro/sis as you say due to location (as Ducado alludes to) and other factors. In other countries they may like the sport but not have a national obsession with it.
Many countries have not had the good life like we have and footy is simply a nice bonus but putting food on the table takes massive precidence. Maybe the national sport is not footy and its only just taking grip ?, you see my point the variables are huge as to why this and that.

These types of sport fan just want to see exiting stuff and we provide that. I admit we have been one of the best for exitement in the past and it could be argued some are glory hunters. But we never had the glamour some others had and lets be honest modern society is vain.

For us to be so judgemental seems very narrow minded and city fans are defo not that. I personally only care about my own relationship with my club, it is others business how they support a club and would never want anyone questioning myself.

Josh Blue said:
S04 said:

Ridiculous thread? more like ridiculous comment from you, 30%? Thats bollocks mate someone is having you on especially if you consider the smaller grounds.

I have a fear that the numbers are correct, just imagine all the corporate tickets floating around. The smaller grounds will of course have less impact.

I know a bloke who was a City fan all his life he even played for City youth and at the age of about 30 he just changed to a rag the abuse he got was virging on hatred, when i asked him why he changed he said because the rags have more parties than us (this was when we was in the 2nd division) pathetic excuse of a man i said and walked off disgusted (he moved away about 18 months after because he was getting the dogs abuse everyday)

blue over 30yrs well more like 35yrs, yikes,lol usual lots of grey due to stresses and strains of being a blue,lololol

cant imagine an older person switching sides tbh, my boy a blue since could talk, although plastering his bedroom in city stuff since a baby helped, although loves his dad, so follows him, awww. lolol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.