GMP F*** Up Again

Montgomery Burns said:
Boston said:
Gmp aren't the problem it's all the brain dead morons looking for trouble. It's pathetic. Some people must have some really sad lives if they get off on this kind of thing.

I'm with you on this. If there were no police there, some people would have ended up either being killed or seriously injured. Probably not the hard men who just talk a good fight, as it's easy to be a warrior behing your mum's keyboard, but innocent passers by.

But expect some abuse, as there's lots of teenage adrenaline on here tonight. I put it down to the lack of a father's influence at home.

what a bell end. This post made me stop reading the thread, i bet your one of these stuck up fans who thinks a match is a day out and doesnt say boo for 95 minutes.

Police fucked up again end up. They just go and in and hit randoms.

Blues dont look for trouble. United just beat us in the lat 10 secs and walked past singing, there asking for it and i HOPE they got a good kicking.

Mancityfans.net'er said:
Montgomery Burns said:
I'm with you on this. If there were no police there, some people would have ended up either being killed or seriously injured. Probably not the hard men who just talk a good fight, as it's easy to be a warrior behing your mum's keyboard, but innocent passers by.

But expect some abuse, as there's lots of teenage adrenaline on here tonight. I put it down to the lack of a father's influence at home.

what a bell end. This post made me stop reading the thread, i bet your one of these stuck up fans who thinks a match is a day out and doesnt say boo for 95 minutes.

Blues dont look for trouble. United just beat us in the lat 10 secs and walked past singing, there asking for it and i HOPE they got a good kicking.

Yeah, all City fans are saints.

Cheesy said:
Mancityfans.net'er said:

Yeah, because i said that.

WE are known for it. City dont look for trouble, they just do the bizz if they need too. People trying to slag their own fans off putting us with millwall etc. give me a break!

Most internet fans and new COMS fans seem to have only joined in in the last few years and wouldnt know about this. TBH i dont want them they add fuck all to the match experience.

Eccles Blue said:
cleavers said:
I wasn't having a dig at you though was I ? (Sorry if you thought I was)

I've no idea what you saw, as you left the other side of the stadium to me, and I've no idea when you saw this trouble. My gripe is with the 15 year olds who have watched the latest hooligan dvd, and think they're hard from behind a keyboard.

I know what I saw (nothing, despite staying to applaud out players off the pitch), and like you my only interest was getting to my car for the 3 hour journey home.

Keyboard warriors are 10 a penny was really my point, but I'm sorry if you got caught up with the mindless idiots that do still exist (in a very small minority).

Thank you Cleavers, very generous of you and, to be honest, what I expect from most City fans. I stayed to applaud the team off as well and then had a chat with our steward and a couple of other fans so it was probably about 10 minutes after the match when I walked down Ashton New Road.

I guess at the end of the day we will never get rid of the minority who, as you say, are keyboard warriors or even the mindless ones who seem to enjoy the violence.

Good night and thanks again.

No problem at all, I was just stating what I saw, heard and when, just to put into context some of what has been posted in this topic. I've seen serious trouble plenty over the years, and as you and I both know, if today's 15 year olds had been anywhere near some of that, they would have run a mile, probably quicker than an olympic athlete.

Driving up the main road past Failsworth to the M60 and about 4/5 pubs with gangs of red idiots coming up to cars mouthing obsenities to blues trying to get home - Literally window lickers! Saw a few bottles hit cars hope no blues were hurt in other cars!? I just smiled at them patronisingly (its a talent!) then gave them the finger on moving again!

Mancityfans.net'er said:
Cheesy said:

Yeah, because i said that.

WE are known for it. City dont look for trouble, they just do the bizz if they need too. People trying to slag their own fans off putting us with millwall etc. give me a break!

Most internet fans and new COMS fans seem to have only joined in in the last few years and wouldnt know about this. TBH i dont want them they add fuck all to the match experience.

You stated that Blues don't look for trouble. Whilst I agree with you when you say that we're not renowned for it (thankfully) we do have our fair share of knobs following us unfortunately.

cleavers said:
jrb said:
Cleavers.

I'm being honest now and I'm trying my hardest not to be dramatic.

Not wishing to take sides, but today was a throw back to MR(Claremont Road) and the 80's/90's. If it wsn't for GMP, numerous horses. batons charges, dogs, etc, it would have been a war zone today outside the away holding area.

I've never seen a mob that big at COMS. There were hundreds.

It's been many a year since I've seen City mass up like that and charge the police lines. And charge again, trying to get to United. You expect that from Millwall, Cardiff, Stoke etc, but not City. As I've stated above, if it wasn't for 'modern' day policing methods, then it would have been carnage today. The police van neraly went over. It didn't because the police eventually came piling in and began whacking everyone, forcing them back from the van.

TBH, I'm not surprised United stayed in the holding area. I'm not surprised the police kept them in either. For their own safety. Today was similar to the Stoke game away when we drew 4-4 and we both went down. City trying to get at United, just like Stoke tried to get at us, and United like us, staying behind the fence.

It must have been 10 minutes after the final whistle when I walked onto Greymare Lane, from Ashton Old Road, and yet I saw and heard nothing.

By the way that Stoke game you refer to City won 5-2.

Correct it was 5-2. I apologise.

I can assure you that trouble went on much longer than 10 minutes after the final whistle.

Reagrdless, the fact that GMP allowed United out at the same time is just Unbelievable. It beggers belief that a person(Inspsector?) who's in charge of policing a volatile derby, which has just been won by a last gasp goal, would even consider letting United out.

I can only assume that GMP use these incidents as a training excercise, or assume City fans are no longer a problem and can be handeled. Compare that to the semi at OT, where city were kept in, even though United won and their fans were happy and weren't looking for trouble.

setsail-for-fail-thread.jpg

Mancityfans.net'er said:
Montgomery Burns said:

He is a copper says it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.